No More K&N Horsepower Challenge? (1 Viewer)

IMHO, NHRA has never been able to pull off the "race within a race" thing in any of the pro categories. It just has no real appeal, other than the teams involved get to pull down some extra bucks. To me it has always just been another round of qualifying. I would MUCH rather watch the Hemi shootout at Indy.

Last edited:
The real problem with the NHRA is how much money they put in their pockets for putting on the challenges. The actual cost to the sponsor is substantially more than the total purse offered.

I actually would like to see the 4 special races happen at its own event. maybe like a mid season all star game type of deal to end or start the next season

I actually would like to see the 4 special races happen at its own event. maybe like a mid season all star game type of deal to end or start the next season

Now thats a great idea. Instead of a race within a race - Make it, it's OWN race.

Oh wait........NHRA would charge them with a "Practice DAY" would'nt they.

Sounds like K&N has the bucks to keep it going and they have the want to keep it going. Sweeten the pot, I've heard about this problem before. I have heard that NHRA isn't too fond of bonus event sponsors wanting to offer huge money anymore because it makes thier national event purses look like a joke. Looks like one more case of the wizards running off another sponsor.:rolleyes:

Dave

Per Comp Plus: This departure will leave Pro Stock Motorcycle division as the only NHRA Full Throttle category with a special race-within-a-race event.

What happened to the Skoal Showdown? When did that go away?

Please don't tell me that it's gone from this year's Big Go.

EDIT: Nevermind, the search function in here is a wonderful thing. :D What a bummer though.

Last edited:
can the 'special' races that emphasize qualifying throughout the year.

put the same money into increased purses at a few select events and
see how many cars show up if the 16th qual. spot pays 15k or more.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back