nitro revival (1 Viewer)

roscoe37

Nitro Member
it was at Irwindale raceway in ca,lots of cool old race cars,burns outs and allot of past drivers, the fright train.champion speedshop frontmotor tf ran 4.05 it the 1/8 mile,he shut it of about 3/4 track.did any of you guys make it out there,did anyone go faster on the last runs,got to talk to mendy fry,she is so nice, great day.
brad

We were there with out A/GS '57 Chevy on display. The event far exceeded everyone's expectations and the track has already committed to having this event again next year. Could also expand to a second event at a different location too. Lots of legendary names hanging around. I even had Mike English signed my poster which was the highlight of my day.

Here is the Champion Speed Shop's pass you speak of Brad;

Rian Konno's burn out:

Pay attention to this page as there sure to be more videos posted.

got to your car up close with the front end off,cool car,i really like the a/g classes,i also was at the arna race ,thats also a great racing.

Thanks Brad! A/Gas is a fun class to run in and we have a great time with good friends/competition. We didn't intend to run the car yesterday as we'll be back out at the next ANRA race in two weeks, but we wanted to do our best to support the Nitro Revival.

There are a lot of photos and videos being posted on the Nitro Revival Group Facebook page. Best to check it out there Cliff.

IMG_2841.JPG

Sure nice that the weather cooperated for the Gibbs' yesterday. Kinda rainy and gloomy today. I'll bet a couple of ladies were looking down on them this weekend, smiling.

Gino, I really miss the Heritage race. Was supposed to be at Wild Horse May 3-5 & got cancelled. ARghhh I go to it every year. They used to hold it at Speedworld, which I thought was the best track for it. Next year....

Bill, it wanted to rain on Saturday afternoon, but only a few drops after the Cacklefest. I think it was all the cars in unison that did it. ;)

Mike, I have no standards and try to think positive about everyone. (Doesn't always work though.) I was actually surprised to see you there and thought you were working that other race at that other track. The Dodgers are dominating the NL (again).

Cliff, some of the Heritage classes will still be at Wild Horse in the Fall. A/F, Jr/F and 7.0 Pro (Group 1) I understand, but I have to say those 3 classes are struggling with car count the last few years. You're always welcome to watch us race with ANRA live on the web. We do our best to put on a good showing.

Gino, I know you have no standards.LOL And HOW ABOUT THEM DODGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for bringing up http://anra.com/

Cliff, there should be a link on the website as we get closer to the race for quarter mile productions who does a live feed for the anra races.

Gino & Mike, thanks for the link. I will look forward to seeing the 3 Heritage classes at the divisional.

I personally want to thank Steve Gibbs and Cindy Gibbs for allowing us to be part of all the Nitro Revivals. My dad Larry was having the time of his life on Saturday being with the best group of people there ever was. We will continue to support the Nitro Revivals for as long as they will have us.

That Gene Winfield shaking hands with TV tommy Ivo. To Larry's left looking the other way was Ed Iskenderian and Former Top Fuel competitor and Lions Drag Stripe Starter Larry Sutton in the famed black hat. All of them over 80 years-old.

IMG_2857.JPG

How come Winfield doesn't have gray hair? :) He is up there in age too. His cars were classics back then and still are today. Was glad to see the photo of Larry Sutton. He is my hero from Lions. One of my best memories is seeing Larry win T/AD (Div 7 race) at the old Vegas track, Team Green, Darrien-Meadows & Sutton. One of my worst memories is seeing Larry going over to Don Garlits after the crash at Lions in 1970, that cut off half of Garlits' foot. I hope I never see that again as long as I live.

Sometimes it just kills me not to live in So-Cal as I did for 50+ plus years, now living in the peacefull deep south, last weekend I wish I was at Irwindale for this deal. I too Cliff was at Lions that day to see Big's clutch malfunction, was right there in front of me in the pit stands . That same day a baby fell from the grandstand next to dad and I and ended up with minor injuries, that was some day. While I revere Buster Couch to this day, my favorite starter will always be Larry Sutton. Ask Larry about the night Arrington va-voomed that tranny in the "Brutus" GTO at Lions in August of 67. I was standing at the fence a mere 4 or 5 feet when it ka-boomed.

[email protected] greatest weekly drag strip of all time!

The Black Magic Fiat AA/FA had the crank fall out of the engine on the starting line at Lions. Have seen photos of that. ! I bet Larry remembers that. I was in the spectator side grand stands, top row, on the starting line when Garlits had the accident. When Lions closed, Larry went to Irwindale. I remember in 1973, they had the Grand Premier, the race they used to have at Lions. It just wasn't the same. Irwindale never had the traction or the good air Lions had. I was born in Los Angeles & grew up in Glendale. Lived in SoCal until I moved to Arizona in 1981. I miss the Old Daze at the tracks we had then. But I would not wanna live in Calif now. Their latest is that they wanna outlaw internal combustion engines. Good by auto racing. I think the Calif gov't is on drugs.....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back