NITRO OUTLAW DRAG RACING ASSOCIATION FORMED (1 Viewer)

I signed up for their e mail. They will be running a race here in Phoenix, so I will be there.

I am surprised there is not much chatter on this deal. I think it has a lot of potential. There are several nitro cars sitting due to cost, this might be their outlet. As a citizen of Dallas Ft Worth, you have my attention.

Street Outlaws on Nitro, this should be a lot of fun. Callouts instead of qualifying..........wonder if any big teams would show up on off weeks.......like the old days grudge racing. I know Worsham has a couple of cars sitting and Daniel Wilkerson? Maybe Scelzi, Skuza, Bazemore, oh we can dream right?
Now this will be a show.

In many ways I think they are trying to put on a better show then other sectioning bodies which is not a bad thing.

There is a great deal of competition for the consumers dollars and each group that's puts on drag racing shows wants a piece of that money pie.
This includes the gasser's shows, Pro Mod, and the street racers "run what you brung" shows.

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Street Outlaws on Nitro, this should be a lot of fun. Callouts instead of qualifying..........wonder if any big teams would show up on off weeks.......like the old days grudge racing. I know Worsham has a couple of cars sitting and Daniel Wilkerson? Maybe Scelzi, Skuza, Bazemore, oh we can dream right?
Now this will be a show.
I gotta tell you I do not see any of the top teams getting involved. If any Pro nitro teams at all.
  1. Full time teams aren't looking for more race weekends. Crew members need some time at home too with their families as they don't travel race to race with them like many of the drivers families do.
  2. If you read the article, the setups are different. How many teams want to be bothered changing the boost and switching over to a lower nitro %. They gain nothing from the exercise.
  3. The race distance seems to be uncertain. Article says "1,000 ft racing where possible". Does this mean some may be 1/4 mile or are they gonna be 1/8 mile? Again, I don't see a Pro team using up off weekends to play with strange combinations at varying race distances that will not benefit their program at the MY series level.
Just my $.02 worth

In many ways I think they are trying to put on a better show then other sectioning bodies which is not a bad thing.

There is a great deal of competition for the consumers dollars and each group that's puts on drag racing shows wants a piece of that money pie.
This includes the gasser's shows, Pro Mod, and the street racers "run what you brung" shows.

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Don't know what I was looking at. They are racing in conjunction with the Diesel organization. Not sure what benefit either group will get from one another. Don't know anything about the diesel group. My summation still stands. Diesel and Nitro seem like strange bedfellows.

Takes quality to produce quality. If they don't have quality participation, the fan base will simply be local die-hards and not an outgrowth of the nitro drag racing fan base. Not sure of crowds with the addition of some gimmicky nitro racing of yet to be determined quality. Same philosophy holds true for this new organization. Will fans of nitro racing go to Diesel drags just because a few nitro cars will be present. You can put me on the "NO" list.

I see this as a noble venture, not sure it has staying power ... if it even gets off the ground.

Last edited:
They will be racing at Wild Horse in Phoenix, in conjunction with diesel drags. Don't know what kind of crowd that would draw. Does seem like an odd mix. Diesel drags attract diesel fans, altho I guess some could be nitro fans as well.

I The race distance seems to be uncertain. Article says "1,000 ft racing where possible". Does this mean some may be 1/4 mile or are they gonna be 1/8 mile? Again, I don't see a Pro team using up off weekends to play with strange combinations at varying race distances that will not benefit their program at the MY series level.
Just my $.02 worth

Agreed, none of the big show guys will likely go. If you do a little more research, you'll see they are looking at some select ADRL events as well. that would lead me to believe 1/8th mile is the other distance considered. 1/4 mile nitro racing is dead except for Nostaliga/Newstaliga stuff.

The diesel guys have a lot of momentum (especially sponsors) at there events but the crowds are a little disappointed at the "pro " categories --- basically 4 cars when the all show up (now they are really cool diesels ) --- so at a race here they contacted the local (outlaw) alcohol FC group and booked them in and anything else that the thought would please the crowd..... it helped.... so they are trying TF

also our (IHRA) training ( I call it the minor league - like baseball) circuit is gone , and many of us have given up waiting for it to come back so we exhibition / match race, do what ever comes up, and some of the outlaw fuel altered guys have got there act together. so why not do something almost big show

Last edited:
Curious to see how NHRA reacts to them running on sanctioned tracks !

for the life of me, I've never understood why it is a crime to run two different sanctioning bodies at the same track on different dates. This is not an issue in any stick and ball sports, Nascar (I don't think) or any other entertainment event, just the NHRA ??

for the life of me, I've never understood why it is a crime to run two different sanctioning bodies at the same track on different dates. This is not an issue in any stick and ball sports, Nascar (I don't think) or any other entertainment event, just the NHRA ??

Really? What other sanction runs the Cup Cars? What other sanction do the NFL players play in? How about NBA? Where else does LeBron play? Why don't you call Daytona and tell them you want to put on a race for the cup cars on an off weekend?

Isn't this new entity running on NHRA sanctioned tracks? All four of the tracks listed on Comp+ are NHRA tracks.

NHRA tracks run many other events that are NOT NHRA sanctioned, Even the tracks that NHRA owns. ADRL, ProStar, NDHRA, NMCA, NMRA, Should I go on? IHRA has always been a direct competitor of NHRA they therefore will never share tracks.

When Target has a parking lot sale in the Walmart parking lot, let me know.

Alan

Really? What other sanction runs the Cup Cars? What other sanction do the NFL players play in? How about NBA? Where else does LeBron play? Why don't you call Daytona and tell them you want to put on a race for the cup cars on an off weekend?

Isn't this new entity running on NHRA sanctioned tracks? All four of the tracks listed on Comp+ are NHRA tracks.

NHRA tracks run many other events that are NOT NHRA sanctioned, Even the tracks that NHRA owns. ADRL, ProStar, NDHRA, NMCA, NMRA, Should I go on? IHRA has always been a direct competitor of NHRA they therefore will never share tracks.

When Target has a parking lot sale in the Walmart parking lot, let me know.

Alan

I have absolutely no idea what the first part of your response is talking about ??? so i'll make my point using an example. What is the harm if a track like maple grove wanted to hold an ihra race in april. your telling me an ihra race in April, can effect the bottom line of the nhra event held in late September ? I believe NFL stadiums and NBA basketball arena's hold college football & basketball games also. and you can argue college football/basketball competes with the NFL/NBA for an audience. without really checking I bet nascar and indycar tracks, hold non nascar/indy sanction, car racing also

I have absolutely no idea what the first part of your response is talking about ??? so i'll make my point using an example. What is the harm if a track like maple grove wanted to hold an ihra race in april. your telling me an ihra race in April, can effect the bottom line of the nhra event held in late September ? I believe NFL stadiums and NBA basketball arena's hold college football & basketball games also. and you can argue college football/basketball competes with the NFL/NBA for an audience. without really checking I bet nascar and indycar tracks, hold non nascar/indy sanction, car racing also
I believe Alan's points are :
1. NHRA sanctioned tracks do host non-NHRA sanctioned events, normally those are run by either the track, other sanctioning body, or outside promoter.
2. NHRA and IHRA are 'apples to apples' direct competitors, so the question is why would I allow my competition the use of my facility to promote their product over mine? Do you find Samsung phones at the Apple store? Of course not, they're promoting their own brand exclusively and that's just business.

This deal won't last more than a year or two. Might even fizzle out before 2018 is over. If it does, great, and I'll eat my words

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back