Ninety Six Hours (1 Viewer)

d'kid

Nitro Member
96 hours from now we should know....

Who the Champs Are in PS and TF...
Bikes and Flops May Not be known until 97.5 hours from now.

Reflecting on the Year, it's been scary, joyful, depressing, tragic, surprising, and occasionally, a cluster xxxx... we've had new winners, feel good stories, 'official' record runs (twice Hagan)...

and all I feel right now is somewhat burnt out, almost glad it's over... and believe me, I'll be glued to the 'puter all this weekend... like a junkie, I need my fix...

and remember 2011 season starts in just 12 weeks? :eek:

d'kid

Great post and so true.

I'll be on NHRA Inter@ctive on Friday and Saturday, for sure. Not on Sunday, though. I'm waiting for the most anticipated race of the year to be on TV.

Could you imagine if Force and Hagan square off in Round 1? How about Dixon and Schumacher? Gonna be a crazy weekend!

I'll be watching online and the broadcast. My lucky father flew out there yesterday for all 4 days or racing. :)

Great post Karl; sums it up pretty well!!!

RIP
Neal Parker
Mark Niver
& all the others that we've lost this year!!!

exactly Karl, plus Demke has an opportunity to do something noone has done for the last few years, Stop Bill Reichert.

Go Chris Jerry and Hamburger Mike!

up to today the top stories of the year are bode's win and lagana's ru,
#1 and #2 in that order.
- hope anderson hangs on in PS
- dixon in TF
- tonglet moves around hines for win in PSB
- demke takes title in TAD
and the #1 story of the year that will compete against all other forms
of motorsports for story of the year will be if john force gets around
hagan to win title in FC.........i hope he does it (he'll cry :cool:)
.........many years left to route for the likable matt hagan.

up to today the top stories of the year are bode's win and lagana's ru,
#1 and #2 in that order.
- hope anderson hangs on in PS
- dixon in TF
- tonglet moves around hines for win in PSB
- demke takes title in TAD
and the #1 story of the year that will compete against all other forms
of motorsports for story of the year will be if john force gets around
hagan to win title in FC.........i hope he does it (he'll cry :cool:)
.........many years left to route for the likable matt hagan.

with Force winning the championship will keep him ahead of uncle frankie who so far is tied for championships with Force at 14.

And day one is over for the "PRO" classes.... Dunn & Lee impressive, no lil points for Papa John... Matt is now 40 up... 1 & 2 in pipe racks are 1 & 2, lil shoe falls another point back... old man in a P/S mustang runs a perfect 6.666 for 13th... LE clicked off way early on his pass and is sitting 23rd...

and now we're down to a three day pass.... Happy Veteran's Day to all who served...

d'kid

About 36 hours left to the season... like I said elsewhere, if I didn't have this monkey on my back, I'd say put a fork in me...

Shoe and LD swapping lil' points... never say never, but if LD put the rack back in the box for the rest of the weekend, Shoe might catch him...

Can Papa catch the Virginian? Think this is going to be Tommy vs. Zippy. And while I understand the oil fine, losing the time when you do it AFTER the finish line? And is the Finish Line at the Parking Lot REALLY 100 feet lower than the starting line?

Has Mike's Gas Flopper Really been too narrow all this time? a whole 1/4"? Wow,!!! only took three years to notice... Not like we don't have 8/10 scale FORDS, and scaled down 4 door MoPars with only 2 doors...

And PJ, would any of this mattered without the reset? :eek: I'm with you, sig # 97 (I think) on the petition...

d'kid

Thanks to the DVR, tomorrow will be full of drag racing and football. Doesn't get much better than that, for TV. :cool:

Gonna be a crazy day in Pomona.

Seriously, I have not watched any Pro Sports besides Drag Racing since I left SoCal in '83... okay, some National Association of Stock Car Automobile Racing, but that's just because I knew a few local guys from business that drove in the late 80's, early 90's... stopped watching that when Ironhead passed away... last cup race I ever watched...

I do watch/ keep track off some college football, and ODU Ladies Basketball (and the Vols, Uconn, ect... I'm a sucker for Ladies BB)

d'kid

Seriously, I have not watched any Pro Sports besides Drag Racing since I left SoCal in '83... okay, some National Association of Stock Car Automobile Racing, but that's just because I knew a few local guys from business that drove in the late 80's, early 90's... stopped watching that when Ironhead passed away... last cup race I ever watched...

I do watch/ keep track off some college football, and ODU Ladies Basketball (and the Vols, Uconn, ect... I'm a sucker for Ladies BB)

d'kid

Well, at least you still watch the best sport. ;)

And So we wait for the Final day.... GA is the Gas Flopper champ... Congrats to KB Racing and Summit...

Pipe Racks in round 1, I'm picking TJ over Cory, Dom over Shoe, Dixon over Strasburg but wets the track... McMillen over BB, Steve over Ant, Langdon over August, Special K over Grubby, and whoever recovers first in a smoke filled 4/13 match....

Floppers, rd 1 Princess, Lee, BTIII, Cruz, Papa, Bob Bode, Troxy, Worsham...
and I'm picking Princess, Bob, Bob, and Troxy in the semis...

GA wins P/S, LE wins Bikes

d'kid

Still not a fan of the countdown, but still what a dramatic weekend across all classes.

S/F
D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back