Nickens on local Fox! (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

Kelly

Nitro Member
Wow! What a nice surprise to see a report on David Nickens and his racing org. out of Conroe on our local Fox News Report! (Thanks, Alan....I still remember the 'tour') Is he running Baytown?

They also compared the cost to NASCAR and David had great comments on the more economical value of NHRA vs the roundy-round cost.

Wow! What a nice surprise to see a report on David Nickens and his racing org. out of Conroe on our local Fox News Report! (Thanks, Alan....I still remember the 'tour') Is he running Baytown?

They also compared the cost to NASCAR and David had great comments on the more economical value of NHRA vs the roundy-round cost.

Thanks for the heads-up Kelly. David is a great guy and I certainly wish him the best. He's a loyal Mopar guy.

I'm curious, any word on whether Roger Brogdon will be back? He shot out of the cannon this time last year and really seemed to have a great effort going. I'd sure love to see him back...on Nickens' ponies.

Thanks for the heads-up Kelly. David is a great guy and I certainly wish him the best. He's a loyal Mopar guy.

I'm curious, any word on whether Roger Brogdon will be back? He shot out of the cannon this time last year and really seemed to have a great effort going. I'd sure love to see him back...on Nickens' ponies.

John, didn't I see his name on pro mod list in GA test or was it Richard Freeman or maybe i am just confused.:confused:

John, didn't I see his name on pro mod list in GA test or was it Richard Freeman or maybe i am just confused.:confused:

Your thinking of Roger Burgess, who is partners with Mike Ashley driviing the old venom vette of Doug Palmers.

As far as I know, Brogdon is just running comp right now but I am unaware of his future plans.

David Nickens a loyal Mopar guy? That's a strange thought being the Nickens Brothers built their rep from building killer SBC comp motors in the eighties. That's like saying Bob Glidden is a loyal Pontiac guy.
There's no such thing as loyalty in this millenium;)

I think he's been loyal.He helped with the initial design of the Hemi 99 program,(which is what the P/S Mopars use today) ran Mopar vehicles and still runs them today.He could have went the easy way and ran a belly button GM engine.I'd like to see the Nickens gang do well this year.

Last edited:
I think he's been loyal.He helped with the initial design of the Hemi 99 program,(which is what the P/S Mopars use today) ran Mopar vehicles and still runs them today.He could have went the easy way and ran a belly button GM engine.I'd like to see the Nickens gang do well this year.

Thanks Chris. David does not receive factory sponsorship for his Dodge Pro Stocker. He could have chosen any used car to purchase and he chose a Dodge. Granted, David has a tremendous legacy with GM in the 80's and 90's but his choices today are what I'm referring to. David has proven himself a loyal Mopar Man!

Go David....GO!!!! ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back