NHRA Website (1 Viewer)

Meeks

Nitro Member
I'm just disgusted that Force returning to the track in the same helicopter he flew out on gets top priority over Steve Engel, who was injured on an NHRA track, competing in an NHRA event. Don't get me wrong, I would love if we didn't even have to have this story on Steve but I don't see why they can't make a tribute the same way they've done for everyone else. :mad:

Godspeed Steve...We all know your in a better place now!!

I'm just disgusted that Force returning to the track in the same helicopter he flew out on gets top priority over Steve Engel, who was injured on an NHRA track, competing in an NHRA event. Don't get me wrong, I would love if we didn't even have to have this story on Steve but I don't see why they can't make a tribute the same way they've done for everyone else. :mad:

Godspeed Steve...We all know your in a better place now!!

I understand where you are coming from Mikaela.

I think they are trying to not focus on or publicize Steve's death too much.

RIP Steve

Amen twice, Mikaela! What a deal! With no disrespect meant to Blaine Johnson in any way, I thought it was kinda sad that it seemed Jim Head was the only one who was grieving for Elmer Trett at that time--we all loved Blaine and were worse for his passing, but Elmer's passing hardly made a ripple...doesn't seem fair. Just like Force getting more airtime after his second dnq than most of the teams in the semi's did all day....not bashing JFR here, just getting very, very tired of the Force coverage overkill--my lord, how many times do we have to see John riding up and down the return road on the scooter. I was unable to find any mention of Steve Engel's crash and/or condition on the NHRA site anywhere. Did I miss it, or was it just not there?

I was unable to find any mention of Steve Engel's crash and/or condition on the NHRA site anywhere. Did I miss it, or was it just not there?

You didn't miss it Terry. It was never there. Apparently because Pro Mod is only an exhibition series, NHRA seems to deem it unworthy of much coverage.

You didn't miss it Terry. It was never there. Apparently because Pro Mod is only an exhibition series, NHRA seems to deem it unworthy of much coverage.
Wow. Just wow. Thanks Mark for letting me know I wasn't going crazy. I have realized that since Pro Mod is ex only, that is probably why it doesn't get any mention or coverage (although it is some of the most exciting racing at the event) but as Mike Larson mentions Steve was racing for NHRA fans at an NHRA event--and as a fellow racer and human being he certainly deserves some respect from the sanctioning body. Heck, even the NASCAR guys made mention of Scott's passing. Carl Edwards even forewent his traditional backflip in deference to the loss of Scott. You'd think our OWN sanctioning body could at least draft a press release or make a memorial announcement...

Godspeed Steve. The Engel family is in our prayers.

All the bashers might want to look a little closer before throwing stones ...
http://www.nhra.com/apcm/APCMviewer_sp.asp?a=32101
http://www.nhra.com/apcm/APCMviewer_sp.asp?a=32260
http://www.nhra.com/apcm/APCMviewer_sp.asp?a=32581
Didn't mean to be bashing, Brent, if you are referring to me, but mostly noting that since I hadn't found anything on NHRA.com about the situation, I was quite disappointed. Now you have pointed out articles that I missed. I'm sorry--I hadn't seen them and had made an honest effort to find them and failed. Not intending to "bash" just expressing my disappointment that there was nothing there, and you have pointed out I was wrong. Thanks for the links

Didn't mean to be bashing, Brent, if you are referring to me, but mostly noting that since I hadn't found anything on NHRA.com about the situation, I was quite disappointed. Now you have pointed out articles that I missed. I'm sorry--I hadn't seen them and had made an honest effort to find them and failed. Not intending to "bash" just expressing my disappointment that there was nothing there, and you have pointed out I was wrong. Thanks for the links

Don't think Brent was aiming his sights at you there Terry... Some folks seem to place every single issue at to doorstep of the NHRA, and it really is getting old...

Well Mikaela, For¢e is NHRA's golden boy after all.
Hi Jeff DiBiagio LOL

Don't think Brent was aiming his sights at you there Terry... Some folks seem to place every single issue at to doorstep of the NHRA, and it really is getting old...

Where else would this issue go? This was an NHRA event- do you have another website for NHRA? If you do I'll be glad to check it out. I never said anything about their coverage up until now...I'm talking about whats going at this point in time. My point to this was that Steve was well known throughout the racing community, as was Eric Medlen, Blaine Johnson, Scott Kalitta, and the list goes on. How come these individuals were given much more "attention" if thats what you want to call it and Steve gets a small article? In my opinion that is wrong.

Thanks Martin, I appreciate that and in retrospect I don't think so either, and I was glad to see there was something on the NHRA site that I had missed after Brent pointed out the links. No bashes intended and no offense taken.

Godspeed Steve. The Engel family is in our prayers.

All the bashers might want to look a little closer before throwing stones ...
http://www.nhra.com/apcm/APCMviewer_sp.asp?a=32101
http://www.nhra.com/apcm/APCMviewer_sp.asp?a=32260
http://www.nhra.com/apcm/APCMviewer_sp.asp?a=32581

My bad. I obviously missed those. I never saw anything on NHRA's front page until Steve's tragic passing. However, I still think the incident when it occurred, merited more than a mention in the Notebook page.

I had written a reply, but it's just not worth arguing the point. NHRA is always the bad guy.

Again, my thoughts and prayers are with the Engel family in their time of grief.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back