NHRA Sponsorships (1 Viewer)

And going to AJ won't work right now, since their major funding pulled out at the last minute during the PRI show.

From Randy Goodwin's reply in the "Ashley Sanford racing in Australia this weekend" thread.

"AJ had the deal(s) lined up. Everything was a go. Then the rug got pulled at the last possible minute on the major source of funding at the PRI show, unfortunately. Very well known company with a good reputation that's been a big supporter of a lot of great teams and events.

brittany not signed (legal problems?).....aj loses major funding at last minute?....i do not know anything about these situations. only what i read online......but i can remember
many years ago an owner of an independent, part time TF team tell me how he had a very recognizable brand ready to sponsor his team, but backed out due to nhra wanting a slice of the pie.
it was solely a relationship between the race team and the sponsor. they were not introduced via nhra. does this still happen? it doesn't happen? nhra is entitled to a portion of a team's sponsor money?
nhra is not entitled? can anyone comment on this?

Sam, i don't know how it all works, just what i was told at one time. just asking if anyone in the know can comment....then of course there are
series sponsors too......marlboro smokes were taboo in the winston days, gatorade in powerade days, and so on.

Last edited:
All I can saw on the AJ / Sanford sponsorship is that the sponsor had a rift with the NHRA, and then pulled out. Have no idea what the exact problem is between the sponsor and NHRA.

Last edited:
what happens when Traxxas wants to sponsor somebody and the NHRA says "Hey, what about that deal you had with Larry Dixon's 2 man TF?....The one we banned?"

i sure hope there are a few more announcements prior to christmas........or another lack luster off season with a few personal changes, but hardly any new money flowing in. repeat. repeat. :rolleyes:

NHRA for years has tried to steal sponsors from teams and make them the "official (fill in the blank) sponsor of the NHRA".

NHRA for years has tried to steal sponsors from teams and make them the "official (fill in the blank) sponsor of the NHRA".

i've been hearing this for years, has their ever been any hard evidence that this actually goes on !

These are the rumors I've heard. Don't shoot the messenger. I know the supposed names but I'm not giving them.

One heavy hitter guy is without a sponsor so far next year, looks like. Maybe dad will step in. Another guy is jumping ship and taking his tools with him. He may be hanging around the number one guy for a while. One of the girls wants to start a family which means she'll park her ride. Some guys will be trimming their Christmas gift budgets after a pretty hefty cut in pay was announced. I wonder if they will stick around. I have a few more but I'll leave it at that.

These are the rumors I've heard. Don't shoot the messenger. I know the supposed names but I'm not giving them.

One heavy hitter guy is without a sponsor so far next year, looks like. Maybe dad will step in. Another guy is jumping ship and taking his tools with him. He may be hanging around the number one guy for a while. One of the girls wants to start a family which means she'll park her ride. Some guys will be trimming their Christmas gift budgets after a pretty hefty cut in pay was announced. I wonder if they will stick around. I have a few more but I'll leave it at that.

Okay let's see here. The Army's leaving Tony and Don might step in. Antron might be leaving Schu, taking Matco with him, and teaming up with Torrence? Courtney is stepping away to have a kid? The last one is pretty self explanatory.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back