NHRA re: The Incident (1 Viewer)

Talk about a no-win situation all the way around...……..

1. They bounce his a$$ or penalize him points on the spot like they would've likely done to Ferre had the shoe been on the other foot, and while it might send a message to Torrence about what is expected as far as conducting yourself like a professional, it gives Kalitta a hollow championship that would forever have an asterisk.

2. They fine him virtually ANY amount of money they have historically levied and the amount really isn't even felt.

3. You penalize him in some sort of way for next season, which will have no effect due to the Clowndown.

Maybe at the end of the day, despite any feelings I have about the situation, everything went down as good as it could go down and the backlash he immediately received at the track and everything after that will be enough. I don't know......

Sean D

Money as a penalty would not even make this team blink. If NHRA wanted to show who is boss right away, I would have taken 30 of the first round points as well. Steve would have still won the title by just 3 points over Doug, but man that would be a CONCRETE message.

Money as a penalty would not even make this team blink. If NHRA wanted to show who is boss right away, I would have taken 30 of the first round points as well. Steve would have still won the title by just 3 points over Doug, but man that would be a CONCRETE message.

He only won by 3 points... taking away 30 means he would lose by 27.

I was just going to edit that because I thought Lohnes said 3 last night, yet the NHRA site still had Kalitta 33 back as of this morning. It was 3. Still, points penalty is really the only surefire way to get teams to blink.

I was just going to edit that because I thought Lohnes said 3 last night, yet the NHRA site still had Kalitta 33 back as of this morning. It was 3. Still, points penalty is really the only surefire way to get teams to blink.

Yeah their site is the most unreliable place for information unfortunately.

Don't penalize the team for an individual's action. A five race suspension from competition next year would be about right. If the team wants to Tony Shue or someone else in the car, that would be fine for me.

The easiest way to solve this unfortunate incident is to let Ferre shove Steve in the face....but tie his arms behind his back first or we will just be right back at the beginning of this again. 😜

They are not going to do anything, somehow NHRA will blame it on Ferre. This is a test for NHRA, many many fans are very upset with Torrance and NHRA on this. Maybe tonight at the banquet something will happen. NHRA needs to remember that fans are actually customers.
Rick

I've got to admit I was pretty shocked when Torrence slapped Ferre. Maybe NHRA requires Steve to pony up a serious donation to a charity of Ferre's choosing?

Torrence did offer what seemed to be (To me, at least.) a sincere and contrite apology on-air. They also showed them talking and shaking hands later.

The only penalty that might have an impact at this point is to not allow him to race at Pomona next season. Both races.

Who thinks that NHRA will use that clip in the lead in videos next year?

BINGO! Just like "we want close racing and no accidents", yet the accidents make the promo tape weekly.

Mostly a bunch of "The NHRA MAY do this, this, this, etc. Meaning anything from letting the entire incident slide to a permanent suspension - and anywhere in between.

Seems to me the NHRA, like most companies, these 3 things. How they feel in the morning? Who is paying the fine? If we evoke a penalty will it hurt any future money we could receive? BTW, I have been going to the NHRA.com site for 22 years, and this is the ONLY year where almost every article has a typo or the wrong information. Weekly.

Toss Mr. Fight Club from the race and you are facing a HUGE lawsuit and will pay for Torrance's racing next year or do nothing and get beat up by the fans and us keyboard crew chiefs. Pretty easy decision. Guessing that sissy fighting will be outlawed in next year's rulebook.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back