NHRA PS2 countdown to the championship problem (1 Viewer)

NHRAMike

Nitro Member
A co-worker has been playing the "countdown to the championship", but after winning the season championship in F/C (twice) he is still unable to unlock the "hidden car". Has anyone else had this happen to them, and if so, how did you unlock the car?

Thanks,
NHRAMike

i believe you have to win 5 championships....i would have done that by now, but the damn countdown keeps screwing me!

Can someone give me a good tune up for TF haha. I can only get it down to a 4.600 at 329 the psp version is fun i guess, but the game has so many flaws!

Michael, try this tune up:

Clutch 1 1.50 seconds 26%
Clutch 2 2.62 seconds 66%
Final Clutch 3.06 seconds 100%
Primary Clutch 146.0 Grams
Secondary Clutch 356.0 Grams

Spark 60.0 Degrees
Compression 6.45:1
Overdrive 41.5

Initial Fuel Flow 0.0 sec 85%
Fuel Flow 1 1.5 sec 88%
Fuel Flow 2 2.55 sec 93%
Final Fuel Flow 2.95 sec 100%

Tire Pressure 7.2 psi

Front ballast 8 lbs

Rear Wing 1.75 deg
Front Wing 1.90 deg

This gives me a 4.528-4.534 run. I've got a tune that runs 4.47, but you have to keep the burnout short, and stage quick, and above all keep it in the groove.

You're so right about all the flaws in the game; crashes are a joke, it's more like an ASSCAR spinout, the groove is too freaking narrow :mad:, if you don't back up in your burnout tracks odds are you're gonna' spin the tires within 150'. The tracks in the game are not comparable with what the actual ones are. I used the same tuneup in Pomona and Seattle and the cars ran close to identical numbers, and as most of us know, you'll NEVER run a good number in Seattle. I think the only thing they got right was that with the best possible tuneup you're not going to run better than what the current real world E.T. is, compared to the 4.1s you could run with the old PS game.

Good Luck Michael, I hope the tuneup works in the PSP version.

I got kind of bored with the game. I have never had a dragster go better then 4.60 against me in TF, or quicker then 5.08 or something in FC.

Michael, try this tune up:

Clutch 1 1.50 seconds 26%
Clutch 2 2.62 seconds 66%
Final Clutch 3.06 seconds 100%
Primary Clutch 146.0 Grams
Secondary Clutch 356.0 Grams

Spark 60.0 Degrees
Compression 6.45:1
Overdrive 41.5

Initial Fuel Flow 0.0 sec 85%
Fuel Flow 1 1.5 sec 88%
Fuel Flow 2 2.55 sec 93%
Final Fuel Flow 2.95 sec 100%

Tire Pressure 7.2 psi

Front ballast 8 lbs

Rear Wing 1.75 deg
Front Wing 1.90 deg

This gives me a 4.528-4.534 run. I've got a tune that runs 4.47, but you have to keep the burnout short, and stage quick, and above all keep it in the groove.

You're so right about all the flaws in the game; crashes are a joke, it's more like an ASSCAR spinout, the groove is too freaking narrow :mad:, if you don't back up in your burnout tracks odds are you're gonna' spin the tires within 150'. The tracks in the game are not comparable with what the actual ones are. I used the same tuneup in Pomona and Seattle and the cars ran close to identical numbers, and as most of us know, you'll NEVER run a good number in Seattle. I think the only thing they got right was that with the best possible tuneup you're not going to run better than what the current real world E.T. is, compared to the 4.1s you could run with the old PS game.

Good Luck Michael, I hope the tuneup works in the PSP version.

Thanks for the tune up Mike, I'll give it a try later when I charge my PSP.

Yeah the weather condtions don't seem to match up with the tracks at all, and you're right with the crashes, I had one in Funny Car, and it flipped over like a asscar < I like that one btw ;) And like Paul said about the other cars, they don't run any better then a.60 in TF. I don't know I think the game needs a lot of work, it's like they rushed it.

I have won the Championship a few times (TF), but have no luck stepping up the engine. I can run high 40s low 50s with:
55 mag
6.25 compression
38-40% OD
but can't improve performance much by bumping up the settings (w/ all kinds of test RE different fuel curves).

I think a 4.58 is the quickest an opponent has run in the other lane.

I still have every system and game I’ve ever owned, lol. They are currently all packed away in totes in my basement though 🤷

Well, looks like some of you will have to pony up for a PS5. I personally have been loving the livery editor in GT Sport & GT7. That would be a great addition to the new drag racing game.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220501-214257_GT Sport.jpg
    Screenshot_20220501-214257_GT Sport.jpg
    462.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220501_215201.jpg
    20220501_215201.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 23
Well, looks like some of you will have to pony up for a PS5. I personally have been loving the livery editor in GT Sport & GT7. That would be a great addition to the new drag racing game.
I've been on like 700 waiting lists for a year and still can't find one....

Got a digital PS5 around this time last year unexpectedly. Missed out on the standard and started spamming the add to cart button on Target until it went thru. Picked it up the next day.

I've been on like 700 waiting lists for a year and still can't find one....
So much of getting one seems like timing. My brother got one when they were released in 2020 and then two more just before Christmas Day 2020. That's where mine came from. I was in no rush to buy one. He called out of blue and said he just bought two more. I was like, f**k it, I'll buy one of them. 🤷🏾‍♂️

So much of getting one seems like timing. My brother got one when they were released in 2020 and then two more just before Christmas Day 2020. That's where mine came from. I was in no rush to buy one. He called out of blue and said he just bought two more. I was like, f**k it, I'll buy one of them. 🤷🏾‍♂️
My kid had twitter alerts for when they were dropping and he was able to get one through Playstation just before Christmas in 2020, needless to say, that was his Christmas gift that year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back