NHRA Pro Mod at Bristol - Mike Janis Racing (1 Viewer)

andujar

Nitro Member
From the Facebook Page of Mike Janis:
1718017901114.png

Last edited:
Hmmm.....I seem to remember another tech boo boo like this that was handled differently.

- greg anderson's Q3 at recent 4wides thrown out, which was semi final of 2tasty, allowing erica to advance to final of saturday 2tasty points and money.
- last year erica had a run DQ'd at gainesville i believe?
- later last year 3 or 4 of the elite cars had similar ruling?
- there was a header width issue for tasca last year? followed by manifoldgate recenty this year
- clay's weight deal at ennis last fall
- diehl had issue with parachute last year
- stewart/mcphillips magneto issue last year
- densham had issue with parachute a couple years ago
- warning were issued about lower containment devices at epping last week
- now janis loses wally on technical safety device infraction

not sure how to correct all the DQ's during qualifying and eliminations. seems like this could be #1 issue PRO could confront,
for the sake of saving racers, teams, and sponsors the embarrassment of these episodes.

Last edited:
The minute I read about this, the first thing that came to my mind is that it sounded exactly like what got Anderson DQ'd a couple of races ago - a switch that allows the chutes to be deployed in the event of a drop in pressure in the air bottle. And for the same reason - both Anderson and Gray were chasing a strange electronic gremlin and both bypassed the switch in order to confirm or rule it out as a cause of the gremlin - and simply forgot to flip the switch back afterward.

I can see a race win being taken away as the result of a flagrant safety violation that could have easily resulted in injury or death to the driver or the person in the other lane. This team would have never done something like that, and didn't. At the most, a moderate fine would have been appropriate and if I were Thorpe I'd tell NHRA to either reinstate Gray as the winner or take their Wally and shove it.

wonder how points and money work in yesterday's PM rulings? as they are not part of the professional 'mission foods' umbrella of points and money.

This will be the last thing you here from the NHRA about this as usual. Which is a big part of the problem.

Carl, what i was referring too is that nhra/mission is the title sponsor/series of the nhra. in the event of an infraction or ruling, i believe nhra
has jurisdiction over how an infraction is handled; i'm guessing this includes warnings, fines, points, event purse, event (see clay's ennis episode last fall)
when this infraction takes place in pro mod, they have a separate series sponsor. i'm wondering if janis/gray still collected prize money, as i'm not sure
if nhra has jurisdiction over that series' purses? nhra can fine them, and take away their trophy, but the purse money belongs to the pro mod series sponsor,
which is i believe is not connected to the nhra. just wondering.

Carl, what i was referring too is that nhra/mission is the title sponsor/series of the nhra. in the event of an infraction or ruling, i believe nhra
has jurisdiction over how an infraction is handled; i'm guessing this includes warnings, fines, points, event purse, event (see clay's ennis episode last fall)
when this infraction takes place in pro mod, they have a separate series sponsor. i'm wondering if janis/gray still collected prize money, as i'm not sure
if nhra has jurisdiction over that series' purses? nhra can fine them, and take away their trophy, but the purse money belongs to the pro mod series sponsor,
which is i believe is not connected to the nhra. just wondering.
I don't know for sure, Mike, but I'm guessing that NHRA does have jurisdiction over fines, DQs, warnings, etc being as it's an NHRA sanctioned event at an NHRA track - and that Thorpe will wind up with runner-up money. Just an opinion; don't ask me to testify. ;)

isn't that what i just said?
Yes.

And you used words like " I believe", "I'm guessing" and "I'm wondering". My reply confirmed that I believe, guess and wonder along the same lines as you. Don't take offense; there was none intended. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back