NHRA prez Cromwell speaks on Autoweek (1 Viewer)

Autoweek has really been covering a lot of drag racing in the last few years. That was not the case historically with them. Wonder if they got a new editor who was a drag racing fan? Whatever the reason, it's good for our sport.

I'm not surprised that attendance is way up this year. People are weary from Covid , politics and the overload of bad news on their computer screens every day. We all need some fun in our lives. And what better fun than going to the races. Hollywood thrived after the depression era. Same dynamic is going on now. Even gas prices haven't stopped us (yet)....

Good read. A lot better read than that gem of statement Cruzer made in his article in Autoweek. :)

i'm hearing traction compound is in slim supply rite now......a definite supply chain issue facing drag strips at least in the immediate future.

i'm hearing traction compound is in slim supply rite now......a definite supply chain issue facing drag strips at least in the immediate future.
Absolutely true. Plenty of local tracks have either cancelled smaller shows, or run them 1/8 mile because of it. Did read in an article that NHRA, PDRA, and NMCA have all confirmed they have enough in supply right now to get through the rest of the year uninterrupted, and I'd imagine big series like that have top priority for whatever does get produced/shipped in.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back