NHRA Insider Podcast Episode 1 (1 Viewer)

nedannouncer

Nitro Member
Hey all, had the "soft launch" of the new NHRA Podcast I am doing "The NHRA Insider Podcast with Brian Lohnes".

Going to be a different format than others out there and we are not looking to take away from anyone but rather add to the conversation. 30 minute consumable bites, a couple of guests per show and a single topic per show.

Episode one is called "Winning" and the guests are Steve Torrence for obvious reasons and Mike Salinas for the reason that he'd made changes to help him win. Some insightful and cool stuff from there guys.

Give 'er a listen, eh?

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/rob-hedrick/the-nhra-insider-podcast

I like the format, and thanks for not putting it on Facebook.
It is blocked on the company wifi...

The 1/2 hr deal I like, perfect for listing at lunchtime at work! ;)
How often will you be coming out with new episodes?

Please don't take this as a negative, I do like what you have put on the air.
If I could make one suggestion, it would be to balance the audio between your voice and that of the person you are speaking with just a bit.

I am sure that part of the issue is my hearing is not what it used to be...
Consequences of standing between 2 fuel cars in the 70's and 80's on more than one occasion without hearing protection... :eek:

Last edited:
Brian -

First off, you are the breath of fresh air that the NHRA announcing team has much needed for many many years. From day one, your enthusiasm and passion for this sport has been infectious, obvious, and very much appreciated. Your wordsmithing and banter with Alan have made many of my not so fun day's very enjoyable and you always leave me wanting more and more.

I can only say thank you for choosing NHRA to spend your time and insights with those of us who have had the needle inserted so deep, for so long. And for bringing a voice for the newest of fans and the next-generation of gearjammers, button releasers, and foot stompers to follow.

Ray -

Last edited:
Brian -

First off, you are the breath of fresh air that the NHRA announcing team has much needed for many many years. From day one, your enthusiasm and passion for this sport has been infectious, obvious, and very much appreciated. Your wordsmithing and banter with Alan have made many of my not so fun day's very enjoyable and you always leave me wanting more and more.

I can only say thank you for choosing NHRA to spend your time and insights with those of us who have had the needle inserted so deep, for so long. And for bringing a voice for the newest of fans and the next-generation of gearjammers, button releasers, and foot stompers to follow.

You are very much appreciated.

Ray -

X2 - Very well said!

I'll be keeping an eye out for it on my podcast app (Podcast Republic, if that matters)

Please don't take this as a negative, I do like what you have put on the air.
If I could make one suggestion, it would be to balance the audio between your voice and that of the person you are speaking with just a bit.

I am sure that part of the issue is my hearing is not what it used to be...
Consequences of standing between 2 fuel cars in the 70's and 80's on more than one occasion without hearing protection... :eek:

Hey man, no negatives around here. As long as my wife and kids are not brought up, I'm not going to take offense to anything.

Agree 100% and I think you'll find that episode 2 which will drop here in a couple of days moves forward in that regard. There's knobs and switches on this junk and I am messing with with zero clue of what the hell I am doing.

Brian

Brian -

Ray -

Wow! Thanks Ray.

Not sure even what to say to this other than I really love this stuff and I love being around it, yelling about it, and telling stories about it. I'll miss spending as much time with the fellas in the event booth as I have but on those nights when sportsman racing runs late and when I can escape the TV booth you can bet your britches that I'll be over breaking the tall man's chops!

Brian

Wow! Thanks Ray.

Not sure even what to say to this other than I really love this stuff and I love being around it, yelling about it, and telling stories about it. I'll miss spending as much time with the fellas in the event booth as I have but on those nights when sportsman racing runs late and when I can escape the TV booth you can bet your britches that I'll be over breaking the tall man's chops!

Brian

Ah yes, the Norwalk comedy show was epic........
And the guys at the Gulf Station were having as much fun as we were, plus they has a bar.......
Good Times
Alan

Brian- Great work! I just listened to both episodes. The length is perfect, and the guest selection so far has been outstanding.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back