NHRA ideas (1 Viewer)

NITRO JUNKIE

Nitro Member
I just thought every body should say there new idea for NHRA here are some of mine first I want to make it very very clear NHRA is doing a great job with everything no complaints at all I just have some ideas, bring back long burnouts not necessary long ones but a lot of smoke some how, also maybe night races at the right tracks. Please share your ideas I thought it would be a good idea I am also really liking the driver intro song !

Have qualifying order for the pro's be determined by the average of the best 3 of 4 qualifying times

350mph tire compound doesn't lend itself well to smokey burnouts.
As does the clutch management systems.

All go, some show.

1. Lose the Countdown
2. 1320 ft. for all classes, no matter what it takes to do that
Well, I can dream :p

OK, for serious, how about alternating the following classes as the other featured class with the fuel cars: FSS, Pro Mod, or Pro Stock. One race you see TF, FC, & PM; the next TF, FC, & FSS.... you get the idea. That way none of them have to run a full season and TV viewers get some variety that better represents what you see when you go to the races.

Build an indoor drag strip. If "they" can build football stadiums with convertible roofs and have hyraulic real grass floors that move outside just for sunlight; and if they can build large warehouse structures big enough to house the space shuttle and those wind-farm prop blades - lined up 3 end-to-end mind you...... then they can build an indoor drag strip.

No throttle stops on any cars for the burnout or the runs.

I'll give you removing the throttle control in the Super classes, but I don't see it leaving the nitro cars anytime soon. Here's my pal Frank Hawley to tell you why!

Build an indoor drag strip. If "they" can build football stadiums with convertible roofs and have hyraulic real grass floors that move outside just for sunlight; and if they can build large warehouse structures big enough to house the space shuttle and those wind-farm prop blades - lined up 3 end-to-end mind you...... then they can build an indoor drag strip.

Chris, this is not a new idea. The biggest problem(s) are cost of building something like that and a way to get rid of exhaust fumes. I do believe there have been indoor events, but on a real short track, like 200' or like that. Think how fast a T/F car would be going in 200'.... Oh yeah, noise factor.

350mph tire compound doesn't lend itself well to smokey burnouts.
As does the clutch management systems.

All go, some show.
It’s also the limited RPM, due to throttle stops. The cars can’t get the wheel speed for big burnouts.

Thanks for the photos Bob. Almost looks like the ground floor of a parking lot. That must have been.... interesting. heh

How many remember playing this game on a PC back in 1998? One of the featured tracks was the NEC Drag Dome.
61Y4TTG158L.jpg

Attachments

• 61Y4TTG158L.jpg
    61Y4TTG158L.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 5
My exact point, Mike. I’ve personally ran the Play Station indoor track on countdown to the championship.... in FC, TF and PRO. I had limited success in the nitro cars. I was in a used Kalitta rail; which I could not qualify in after 4 tries and an ex-Pedregon flopper which admittedly so, I banged the wall at half track on Saturday morning.... largely attributed due to newbie nerves.
My Pro Stock campaign went okay; in at 15, but blew it on Sunday 1st round to Greg Anderson. He creamed me right off the line.

Dammit; if I can do this in my living room .... someone out there can build an indoor facility?!!!

There has got to be some nighttime fuel races. Since the days of the York US30 races there has been night races. Why can't we have them at Maple Grove??

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back