Next Up for NHRA TV Producer?? (1 Viewer)

How can there be a culture of secrecy, no direction or communication and yet claim to be micro-managed? Those traits seem mutually exclusive. Either they kept you entirely out of the loop and gave you no input ... Or they stood over your shoulder and gave you way too much input. It doesn't seem that it could be both. I do not know any of the principals involved here, and I am certainly not taking on side or the other, but those statements struck me as self-contradictory.

How can there be a culture of secrecy, no direction or communication and yet claim to be micro-managed? Those traits seem mutually exclusive. Either they kept you entirely out of the loop and gave you no input ... Or they stood over your shoulder and gave you way too much input. It doesn't seem that it could be both. I do not know any of the principals involved here, and I am certainly not taking on side or the other, but those statements struck me as self-contradictory.

I've lived this life with a company I worked for in the past. They are sadly not mutually exclusive and I feel her pain. I wish her luck in her future endeavors.

OTOH...maybe they "micromanaged" because they didn't think the person was very good at the job? I know I didn't think the shows were very well produced <shrug>

they must have someone else in mind for the position. 2018 will probably be hands down
the best broadcasts we've ever seen......as of last august, (above linked article from last summer in brainerd) she still seemed pretty upbeat. a producer, with experience, that grew up with drag racing.....would be nice to hear both sides of this story.

Last edited:

You can be micro-managed by being told how to do every small detail of your job and questioned on every decision you make yet be totally left out of the loop on the important conversations and decisions that impact your job performance.

This is telling: "...coupled with a lack of understanding of the sport..." OUCH! This is supposed to be the brain-trust of Drag Racing....that's a sad indictment. I think at times you could add that they don't understand what the fans want either, and have too many times made, "what the ______ were they thinking?" decisions.

Perhaps they need a refresher course in the Kenny Bernstein School of Success? Kenny always said, "surround yourself with good people, and let them do the job they were hired for."

Without hearing NHRA’s side of the story, it’s difficult to say who is right or wrong.
The truth is somewhere in the middle of what each party says.

I don't know anything about the tv production...but I was at the NHRA office in Glendora today picking up my hard card and it was business as usual.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back