New wraps/paint jobs in 2011 (1 Viewer)

Gutter Brain

Nitro Member
After watching the ESPN coverage this weekend, a few cars really stood out for me. I couldn't figure out how to insert the images (without having the red x show up), so I attached a link.
I really loved Melanie Troxel's In-N-Out FC. The candy apple red jumps out, and the overall design is really nice.
Gallery - Category: Nitro Funny Car - Picture: pom1sat_158
And Jim Head's FC's have been really good the last few years. This is no exception.
Gallery - Category: Nitro Funny Car - Picture: pom1sat1_055
I liked Neff and Hight's FC's too.
Since my son and I saw the movie Rango on Saturday, Bob Yonke's PS was pretty cool too.
Drag Race Central | Presented by Summitracing.com

Which new wrap/designs/sponsor did you guys like?

By far it was Melanie Troxel's Candy Apple Red Toyota In-N-Out car. This car was actually designed by Lindsay Martinez (In-N-Out's) CEO and NHRA Super Comp Racer herself.

I loved Jim Head's paint too... VERY WILD and plain cool.

hard to argue with anything out of banshie studios - unbelievable stuff.

also like simplicity of cruz's fc - especially the 'honeycomb' stripe over top
and along bottom.......still very readable @ 4.01 :cool:

I got them ranked the same:
#1 In 'N Out
#2 Jim Head
#3 Patron TA/FC

Wonder if those cars have actual paint and not vinyl wraps. They look so good. :confused:

Last edited:
Hey, Mike,
That Solara body sure did look good on Bode's car....does it have a future?? To me they look like they have some real good aerodynamics...

Last edited:
Hey, Mike,
That Solara bodysure did look good on Bode's car....does it have a future?? To me they look like they have some real good aerodynamics...

Thanks Corey.
I'm not an aerodynaics expert but I've seen the Impala and Solara sitting side by side and this is what I see.

The Impala is more smooth and curvy, like a sexy lady.
The Solara is sqaured off and wedgy, like a door wedge.

We had several people come by and comment on the Solara body, people that have been running it already. They say it's better aerowise but also has some issues that make it very finicky. It's not like we can put it on and expect better results without first testing it and seeing what it likes wing wise ect...

We're going to try and figure it out slowly, and run the tried and true Impala body when we need something we're familiar with.

.......The Impala is more smooth and curvy, like a sexy lady.The Solara is sqaured off and wedgy, like a door wedge..........

i agree & would put the chargers in the swoopy category somewhere between
the wedges and the sexy lady.
i real good frontal side by side of toyota and ford is rebilas' pics of the
force/bode cross lane incident
ford and toyota......variations on the same wedge.

i'd bet paint too on 3 cars mentioned - melanies car gets better looking
everytime i look at it........car i said ;)

i agree & would put the chargers in the swoopy category somewhere between
the wedges and the sexy lady.
i real good frontal side by side of toyota and ford is rebilas' pics of the
force/bode cross lane incident
ford and toyota......variations on the same wedge.

i'd bet paint too on 3 cars mentioned - melanies car gets better looking
everytime i look at it........car i said ;)

You should have seen the Impala when it was brand new, raw carbon fiber with no paint or wrap yet, it was soooo sexy looking. I'm not being a weirdo here, I'm just sayin the shape of the body was amazing to stare at.

I like the chargers too, they look good.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back