New video - Terry Haddock Friday update - (1 Viewer)

Whew! that's a lotta work for 5 volunteers man. Hope they pull it off!

Indeed, thanks for the vids John. I very much appreciate them!

I stopped by a couple times today and I think they will make it. They definitley should get the hardest working crew award. I was there when they found it and from that time until now they have been non stop. My hats off to that whole team.

Thanks for the update, Eugene. It's gotta be tough trying to qualify a car with a small crew; can't imagine adding building that car nearly from scratch to the equation. Good job to all involved!

I see Terry didn't make the first call today.

I hope after all of this effort, the team can get at least one shot at it.

Terry never made it to the last round of qualifying because of rain. Bummer. :(

Question: Now what does Terry (Or any team in their position.) do with the newly borrowed chassis that Gary lent him? I figure he's gotta strip all of his equipment off, but in the vid he mentioned they were welding and relocating brackets and such. What about all of that? Do they cut them off, and return it to as lent condition? Is that possible? Or does he just cut Gary a check and keep it?

Just curious. :confused:

Last edited:
Interesting you should mention this. Walked by Terry's pit late today. He and Gary were deep in an animated conversation. Gotta wonder if that was the topic.

Also Terry is tweeting angrily that he didn't tie the car down incorrectly. Still waiting for any other explanation?

Chris I am frustrated that people like you and your daughter are making assumptions that I tied it down wrong and that's not true. The car got a bad batch of tubing and i said on Twitter you should ask me instead of making assumptions.

Secondly, why would No one take a check fro me...you guys seriously need to look at what you are saying

Terry, it's not clear why you have the impression that Emily or I have it in for you. There were two pages of comments, and no explanation other than tie-down. In fact there are posts all over the Internet like that. And I didn't say anything about your creditworthiness.

But you single us out for your commentary?

Terry, I sure hope all of this rotten luck the past couple years will finally go away real soon. I hated to hear this happened to you guys, but keep your heads up. One of these days you guys are going to turn a few heads on the track, I have faith in you guys. Good luck next race!

Also, if Densham was worried do you really think he would give it to me in the first place???
You really should comr ask if you are so concerned!!!

Chris I am frustrated that people like you and your daughter are making assumptions that I tied it down wrong and that's not true. The car got a bad batch of tubing and i said on Twitter you should ask me instead of making assumptions.

Secondly, why would No one take a check fro me...you guys seriously need to look at what you are saying

Terry, don't confuse people (especially the mods) with facts when they already have their minds made up. It's the way they roll here on the mater.

A few of the posts made in this thread are in extremely bad taste and those people are the reason most Pros don't like the mater.

Terry, please understand that it takes all kinds and you will find them everywhere on the internet in all kinds of venues. A person with your tenacity will likely let it roll off your back. I (for one) admire your dedication, diligence and hard work despite the long odds of being a low buck racer on a 1 car team. Keep doing what you're doing. The majority of real drag racing fans feel the way I do.

As if this guy hasn't had a tough enough weekend, he needs to defend himself from the crud some of you write. Sad. How about give credit where it's due and this guy deserves a boatload of it.

There are lots of things in the background that many here don't know.

That being said posting some stuff here is just not cool and is in bad taste.

I'll leave it at that.

Dean

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back