New Track in California (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
The Agent over at DRO says all the government approvals have been cleared on a new, multi-use racing facility in California's Santa Maria Valley. Initial grading could start in 90 days or less. Should this all be true, this is huge news.

I live here in Santa Maria but learned about this from a mater in SoCal.

Like the gentleman from Chicago mentioned, we've seen Banning and Tulare tracks never come to fruition. There was another effort in Lompoc, but also did not happen.

The fellow mater told me this one is in Casmalia, about 15 minutes southwest of SM proper. There is nothing out there; it used to be infamous for being one of two toxic waste dumps (the other is Kettleman City) in the state. I mean, there are a few residences out there and a really really good restaurant called The Hitching Post, but that's it.

So, I hope the few residents don't raise concerns about environmental impact. Maybe noise, but the circle track speedway on the North end of town fills Santa Maria with the roar of circle track racing engine sound every Saturday night.

Will believe it when I see it.

I live here in Santa Maria but learned about this from a mater in SoCal.

Like the gentleman from Chicago mentioned, we've seen Banning and Tulare tracks never come to fruition. There was another effort in Lompoc, but also did not happen.

The fellow mater told me this one is in Casmalia, about 15 minutes southwest of SM proper. There is nothing out there; it used to be infamous for being one of two toxic waste dumps (the other is Kettleman City) in the state. I mean, there are a few residences out there and a really really good restaurant called The Hitching Post, but that's it.

So, I hope the few residents don't raise concerns about environmental impact. Maybe noise, but the circle track speedway on the North end of town fills Santa Maria with the roar of circle track racing engine sound every Saturday night.

Will believe it when I see it.
I like the Hitching Post.:D

I just google mapped this and it literally is the middle of no where. Might as well be in North Dakota. ha ha!

I am the other Mater that Paul mentioned. This is a 7 year project that is in its 6th year. The Santa Maria Valley has the same problem that many communities have with street racing and yes there has been deaths. That is one of the reasons why the County Board of Supervisors has signed off on the project.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casmalia,_California

This will start off as a 1/8th mile track with the intent to go ¼ mile a few years down the line. The property to be used is just east of town between Blacks Road and the train tracks. All this land is owned by one family (who also owns the Hitching Post Restaurant). I understand this is the food guy that sponsor AJR the last year they ran though AJ is in no way involved with this project.

I understand the town’s residents are leasing the homes they have. So not much chance they complain. To the south is Vandenberg AFB where the launch satellites. To the west the Pacific Ocean is 5 miles away. To the north down the hill in farm land and industrial buildings and to the east are several miles of hills.

I don’t have the latest up-to-date information, but I would think the land is in or will be going into escrow now to be owned by the Santa Maria Motorsports Park, Inc. The plan is to start off lay the track first and use stacked shipping containers for a control tower and storage. The motocross and flat track will be on the east side of the train tracks and will come later.

One other bit of news is the EPA has recently announced that the will be out there to clean up the hazardous waste landfill.

https://www.epa.gov/newsreleases/ep...resources-superfund-site-santa-barbara-county

Last edited:
BTW, never been to the Hitching Post, but I hear its even better than Jocko's.

(Tim) Hogan Manifolds is also in Santa Maria.

BTW, never been to the Hitching Post, but I hear its even better than Jocko's.

(Tim) Hogan Manifolds is also in Santa Maria.

Never been to the Hitching Post? You're missing out, order an artichoke or two to start, trust me.
And Hogans Manifolds moved to Mooresville, NC. They are next door to KB Racing.

Alan

I am the other Mater that Paul mentioned. This is a 7 year project that is in its 6th year. The Santa Maria Valley has the same problem that many communities have with street racing and yes there has been deaths. That is one of the reasons why the County Board of Supervisors has signed off on the project.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casmalia,_California

This will start off as a 1/8th mile track with the intent to go ¼ mile a few years down the line. The property to be used is just east of town between Blacks Road and the train tracks. All this land is owned by one family (who also owns the Hitching Post Restaurant). I understand this is the food guy that sponsor AJR the last year they ran though AJ is in no way involved with this project.

I understand the town’s residents are leasing the homes they have. So not much chance they complain. To the south is Vandenberg AFB where the launch satellites. To the west the Pacific Ocean is 5 miles away. To the north down the hill in farm land and industrial buildings and to the east are several miles of hills.

I don’t have the latest up-to-date information, but I would think the land is in or will be going into escrow now to be owned by the Central Coast Motorsports Park. The plan is to start off lay the track first and use stacked shipping containers for a control tower and storage. The motocross and flat track will be on the east side of the train tracks and will come later.

One other bit of news is the EPA has recently announced that the will be out there to clean up the hazardous waste landfill.

https://www.epa.gov/newsreleases/ep...resources-superfund-site-santa-barbara-county

The "food guy"...do you mean Guy Fieri & the "Knuckle Sandwich" brand?

I really hope they build this track. So nice to see a new track in California. I think they are smart to start 1/8 mile & go from there.

Hitching post owner chef is Frank Ostini real nice great food big supporter of central coast wine

Never been to the Hitching Post? You're missing out, order an artichoke or two to start, trust me.
And Hogans Manifolds moved to Mooresville, NC. They are next door to KB Racing.

Alan

The company may have moved, but the impression I have is that Tim is still working in Santa Maria. I'll find out next time I'm up in that area in a few weeks.

The company may have moved, but the impression I have is that Tim is still working in Santa Maria. I'll find out next time I'm up in that area in a few weeks.
I haven't talked to Tim for a month or two, but he and his son were in NC for a while now!

Spoke to my dad over the weekend and he confirmed that both Tim and Tyler are in NC now. Goes to show that I don't keep up with everything.

On another note about the new track. the group putting this together are adamant about not joining the NHRA, but would rather be part of IHRA.

On another note about the new track. the group putting this together are adamant about not joining the NHRA, but would rather be part of IHRA.

Hope they enjoy being part of a sinking ship that puts on shows that are hillbilly amateurish. I could tell things changed at PBIR in FL once they went IHRA when they had motorcycles lining up against cars and dragsters.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back