New Pro Mod Rules (1 Viewer)

I heard that it cost about 15K to make all the necessary updates. Thankfully they have until Gainesville to complete them. I see that NHRA out the entry quota at 50 for all the events. Outside of Gainesville and Indy I doubt they come close to that number. Overall it has been a quiet offseason. Rickie Smith now has strutmasters.com as his sponsor. Sidney Frigo and Clint Satterfield have both switched to the Pro Charger combination. Chad Green will be back with the new 959 Nitrous engine courtesy of Pat Musi. Marc Caruso will be back as well following his crash mid season. Former alky FC racer Jeff Jones will be joined by his son Justin and longtime tuner Brandon Pesz as a new three car team. The last few seasons they exclusively ran the MWPMS.

I heard that it cost about 15K to make all the necessary updates. Thankfully they have until Gainesville to complete them. I see that NHRA out the entry quota at 50 for all the events. Outside of Gainesville and Indy I doubt they come close to that number. Overall it has been a quiet offseason. Rickie Smith now has strutmasters.com as his sponsor. Sidney Frigo and Clint Satterfield have both switched to the Pro Charger combination. Chad Green will be back with the new 959 Nitrous engine courtesy of Pat Musi. Marc Caruso will be back as well following his crash mid season. Former alky FC racer Jeff Jones will be joined by his son Justin and longtime tuner Brandon Pesz as a new three car team. The last few seasons they exclusively ran the MWPMS.

I did notice that entry quota is at 50 and agree with you that Gainesville and Indy will be the 2 races that will push that number. Rick Hord was at the Snowbird Nationals in early December also running with a Pro Charger, with XRE and with Carl Stevens tuning. Glad to hear Marc Caruso is healed up and returning. He has qualified for all 6 NHRA races he has entered (3 in 2018, 3 in 2019) and is a colorful addition to the class. I'm pretty stoked that the class will be running at Joliet this year for the first time in many years. I always travel to Indy and St. Louis to see them run, as I will do again. Love this class and hope the sanctioning body and is able to keep parity among the different power adders as the season progresses. Would like to see more Nitrous cars, but don't think that's going to happen.

I did notice that entry quota is at 50 and agree with you that Gainesville and Indy will be the 2 races that will push that number. Rick Hord was at the Snowbird Nationals in early December also running with a Pro Charger, with XRE and with Carl Stevens tuning. Glad to hear Marc Caruso is healed up and returning. He has qualified for all 6 NHRA races he has entered (3 in 2018, 3 in 2019) and is a colorful addition to the class. I'm pretty stoked that the class will be running at Joliet this year for the first time in many years. I always travel to Indy and St. Louis to see them run, as I will do again. Love this class and hope the sanctioning body and is able to keep parity among the different power adders as the season progresses. Would like to see more Nitrous cars, but don't think that's going to happen.
It’s me favorite class to watch, mainly because qualifying truly means something with 20 plus cars at all events. Should be even more exciting this year. I expect to see more nitrous cars in 2020 just because the 959 combo is now legal. I doubt very few if any hit all the events but the southern and East coast events should see a handful of them.

All good ideas. Erica's deal could have been a lot worse. I was surprised to see they weren't required to have the fire resistant coating under the hood in the first place. They should also require the coating on the under side of the carbon fiber transmission tunnels. With the PSI supercharger we had to have it on the inside of the burst tubes going out the side window on my TA/FC's. And with my current RJ Camaro the window net latches aren't very easy to release with thinner gloves, let alone -20's.

Last edited:
All good ideas. Eric's deal could have been a lot worse. I was surprised to see they weren't required to have the fire resistant coating under the hood in the first place. They should also require the coating on the under side of the carbon fiber transmission tunnels. With the PSI supercharger we had to have it on the inside of the burst tubes going out the side window on my TA/FC's. And with my current RJ Camaro the window net latches aren't very easy to release with thinner gloves, let alone -20's.
Randy what events you planning on hitting in '20?

Randy what events you planning on hitting in '20?
Be cool if Randy did the trip East Coast to... maybe....Maple Grove???? But of Couse, Rain permitting! The Shady Maple is gonna be on your bucket list. Trust Me! If not, ask Eugene.

Am I wrong or is it Chad Green who bought Blake Alexander's FC team?

I'm kinda up in the air I guess. As most of you know I lost my wife of 34 years to cancer last year, and now I'm engaged to be married :). She wants to go racing more than I do but we have a lot of work to do in blending households, plus we have a couple rentals to get ready. But the good news is Monday I have a Jerry Bickel Engine Chiller showing up so I'm still moving forward.

I did have my mess at Pomona for the finals in the Car Corral...

20191211_075117_9b8073f1b19731faf28dfe7b361bba66974220fd.jpg

Vegas this past Fall had just 18! The past 5 years they had 26 or more!

The entries for Gainesville are starting to trickle in. Not familiar with Scott Wildgust. Glad to see some new blood.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back