New England Dragway?? (2 Viewers)

I don't know, I kind of like Epping for it's "old school" look. Reminds me of E-town before they built the timing tower and suites.

The show is a joke! 4’s majority of the time with nowhere near records and probably won’t see any anytime soon!
1320 to 1000 with 4 second runs they are becoming a joke in my eyes!
I don’t care what the reasons are the show has pretty much snapped my last nerve!
It’s amazing what people become reserved to!

Watching Epping on All Access and the Indy divisional on D3TV while keeping the lathe active. Epping seems like a nice place and the competition seems great. Bob, have you seen many record runs in mid July .... ever?

Bob, have you seen many record runs in mid July .... ever?

I know that was for the other Bob,

... but I remember one year it was unusually chilly at the Summer....er...... SuperNationals in E-Town, and there were record runs....maybe someone out there (Lewis?) can remember what year that was?

New England currently holds 20,000 and is right sized for the current NHRA. A huge crowd yesterday, their 2cnd Sarurday sell out in a row. Fans from all over the Northeast along with Quebec and the Maritimes where there. Now if the Nitro crew chiefs can figure out how to get a car to go A to B on a hot race track! 2nd session yesterday was much better than 1st.

Epping seems like a nice place and the competition seems great.

Epping is awesome. I actually scored my first win light there back in 2012 so it's a special place to me. What makes the place great are people. The fans are the best anywhere and they love their drag racing. It was just a little Saturday night match race, but I lost count of the number of people that that thanked us for coming out and putting on a show for them. That has always stuck with me.

Epping reminds me of KCIR, the place I was introduced to nitro burning cars. Speaking of KCIR, glad to see it’s back.

The nitro finals were awesome...I could give a rats azzzz about records, just give me some good old close racing like today. It looked like the fans on the hill liked it too. Time to head back to the other coast.:)

Wife, myself and my Bro went for first time Friday. Nice day in spite of weather fears (may have kept some folks home). The facility is a little shaggy (not totally paved) but, great crowd - fairly easy access from highway. A very good vibe - We'll go again. While it may have taken a few minutes more to get there (from New Haven) there was much less drive-related stress.

New England currently holds 20,000 and is right sized for the current NHRA. A huge crowd yesterday, their 2cnd Sarurday sell out in a row. Fans from all over the Northeast along with Quebec and the Maritimes where there. Now if the Nitro crew chiefs can figure out how to get a car to go A to B on a hot race track! 2nd session yesterday was much better than 1st.

Well I’ve never been there? But it certainly doesnt look like 20,000 on TV. Oh well..

Now Doug Palmer told me they used to get 8-10,000 for Div. races! I bet with E-Town now closed? Their stock rises

The show is a joke! 4’s majority of the time with nowhere near records and probably won’t see any anytime soon!
1320 to 1000 with 4 second runs they are becoming a joke in my eyes!
I don’t care what the reasons are the show has pretty much snapped my last nerve!
It’s amazing what people become reserved to!
You sir, are absolutely correct.

The biggest problem I have with the NED track is that it is just to darn far from California. I left 1 hour after the last pair of fuel cars ran and I have been sitting on my azzz, hanging on to the steering wheel, looking out of my big picture window watching the world go by... and I'm still 75 miles from Texas.:(

Last edited:
Now Doug Palmer told me they used to get 8-10,000 for Div. races! I bet with E-Town now closed? Their stock rises

Yeah 80's and 90's when I lived up there, the divisionals were packed. We had some great TAFC's up that way, Ace Manzo, Bob Newberry, Bell Boys, Ed Parker....it was a great time.

Aside from the divisionals, NED always put on great shows - funny cars under the stars, jet cars under the stars and match races back when that was a thing. Before the pros were racing every weekend, they used to have some Funny Car match races the week before Maple Grove (if memory serves) so it seems Force was always there match racing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back