New 1/8 mile track near LA? (1 Viewer)

DG

Nitro Member
Just saw this:
EIGHTH-MILE TRACK NEAR L.A. GETS CLOSER?
The Agent hears from a usually reliable California source that the long-rumored new eighth-mile drag strip in the Los Angeles area is getting closer to reality. It would be nice to report some good news about a track for a change. More info as it becomes available. [06/11/19]

The 1/8th mile at Irwindale gets a "new" 1 year lease every year, until the property owners are allowed to develop the land into another retail space.

"Close to LA is a relative term." Spoke to one of the principles and they have the permits to start grading. But before that, they want to get the permits to build.

Close to LA is a relative term." Spoke to one of the principles and they have the permits to start grading. But before that, they want to get the permits to build.

Gino, I seem to remember there was a track in Santa Maria years ago. Would be cool if that is where the new track will be built. Kinda along the lines of the "old" Irwindale & the "new" Irwindale.

It is if you live in St. Louis. :)

I need to finish my sentence; But before that, they want to get the permits to build before moving forward, which is estimated to be $40K. Plans are in the works for a fund raiser now.

Banning? ya, I'll be holding my breath waiting for that ;) :D:D:D

Any minute now...

My old office was at Banning Airport and there aren't any plans for pretty anything there. And the FAA will not allow motor sports on a airport these days.

That used to happen at San Fernando once in awhile. The airport was right next to the drag strip. You're making a pass and all of a sudden, there is a plane coming right at ya. Arghhh

My old office was at Banning Airport and there aren't any plans for pretty anything there. And the FAA will not allow motor sports on a airport these days.

Mike, with all due respect, I think you're wrong. First I know that Mike DeMilles shot a music video on the Camarillo Airport Video several years ago using some drag cars. If that's not enough then Randy Winkel says that Dragfest is leaving Famoso for the Shafter Airport who is waiting with open arms. And if that's not enough, there are many photos on Google showing racing on airport runways "drag racing at Airports." And if that's not enough, there's Eagle Field that happens twice a year. There is this to explain everything to consider: http://www.airportdragracing.com/

Just sayin' airports can be closed for other events like a filming production and more.

Gino, are any of those airports operating? FAA just shut a track in another state, racing on a working airport.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back