Names amd member status (1 Viewer)

Mr. Jean

Nitro Member
In looking at this site and all the new names, an idea came to me. See what you think and can it be done? Remember this is just a thought, Jerrod and crew will decide what's best for this site. I'm looking at all these real names and in some cases,wondering who they are. I see some with their old Mater ID's below, just hold on, I'm getting there.:)

In the old Mater, there was this cred thing and paying, non paying members.
The space under where my real name is now, had a sentence of my choosing, being a paying member. Others(non-paying) members had in that same spot, a class name that changed, as their number of posts reached a new preset level.

Since the old paying members names were in Green and now I see no difference, how about this.

Let's lose the class level names and put our old ID's in that spot. In my case, it would show Jean Muntifering, where it is now and under it, where it now reads Junior member, it would read Mr. Jean. Then in one place you'd have both ID's and never have this level or cred stuff.

Comments and idea's, anyone? Thanks for listening.:)

Last edited:
Hey Jean,

That sounds like a great idea to me. That would allow for many people to sort-of still have their old Screen Names visible immediately. I wondered about the whole paying (supporting) vs. non-paying members deal too since I didn't see anywhere to contribute more than $1.00 or any mention by Jerrod of wanting members to support the Bulletin Board this go-round. Would like to hear what their plans are and if your idea will fly, it would be cool.

~Kurt
(previously known as Drag_fan_too)

In looking at this site and all the new names, an idea came to me. See what you think and can it be done? Remember this is just a thought, Jerrod and crew will decide what's best for this site. I'm looking at all these real names and in some cases,wondering who they are. I see some with their old Mater ID's below, just hold on, I'm getting there.:)

In the old Mater, there was this cred thing and paying, non paying members.
The space under where my real name is now, had a sentence of my choosing, being a paying member. Others(non-paying) members had in that same spot, a class name that changed, as their number of posts reached a new preset level.

Since the old paying members names were in Green and now I see no difference, how about this.

Let's lose the class level names and put our old ID's in that spot. In my case, it would show Jean Muntifering, where it is now and under it, where it now reads Junior member, it would read Mr. Jean. Then in one place you'd have both ID's and never have this level or cred stuff.

Comments and idea's, anyone? Thanks for listening.:)

good idea bro we will kick it around

I would not be in favor of this idea. It sounds great but I would be concerned about the implications of associating a screen name with a real name with an unprotected email account.

I have duties on other sites and my screen name is quite well known in some communities (virtual branding anyone?), but I keep my real name to myself and due to some of the whackos out there I really do not want both names associated.

After another week or so I will be removing my screen name from my sig here as I think it is more important to focus on building this community going forward rather than repeating what every other site seems to be doing.

I'm not trying to rain on a parade, but I think the risks outweigh the benefits in this case.

I would not be in favor of this idea. It sounds great but I would be concerned about the implications of associating a screen name with a real name with an unprotected email account.

I have duties on other sites and my screen name is quite well known in some communities (virtual branding anyone?), but I keep my real name to myself and due to some of the whackos out there I really do not want both names associated.

After another week or so I will be removing my screen name from my sig here as I think it is more important to focus on building this community going forward rather than repeating what every other site seems to be doing.

I'm not trying to rain on a parade, but I think the risks outweigh the benefits in this case.

Good point. Maybe it could be optional weather or not to put our old names up on what has been sugested. I think some people will be quickly associated with there old names, but some will not be easy to know who is who.

I think it is a good idea, and for those who don't, maybe it could just be an option, not a requirement.

I guess I should have said that. I didn't mean you had to, in fact those that care to, could just put a nick name or handle that they want to be called. If you don't want anything there, leave it blank or just put in a comment or phrase you like. "Altereds rule" or whatever. :)

Last edited:
Ted with that smiling Avatar I don't think your screen name will be missed ! LOL:D

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back