My pics from NHRA CHRR XV(dial up LOL) (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
Hello everyone, cruised over to Bakersfield for NHRA's California Hot Rod Reunion 15 on Sunday. Chicago style Nostalgia F/C show!!!!
Here are some lousy pics I took randomly:

Arrive 9am in my silverado
chrr1.jpg

the swap meet was not yet awake 100%
chrr2.jpg

need to buy a FED? This guy brought one
chrr3.jpg

so did these guys:
chrr5.jpg

Check out the parachutes on this "older" vehicle
chrr4.jpg

chrr6.jpg

pure hell AA/FA in the morning shadow
chrr7.jpg

Pisano Matsubara NF/C
chrr11.jpg

body of the warrior NF/C
chrr12.jpg

Estruss warming up(note nitro cloud)
chrr13.jpg

eyes crying, throat burning!!!!!!!!!! Loved it!!!!!!

2 of many many many gassers on the property
chrr14.jpg

Winged express AA/FA YAY!!!
chrr15.jpg

Mr. Parks(he is very tall!)
chrr16.jpg

Last edited:
AA/GAS (another of my favorite categories) in the staging lanes
chrr17.jpg

Leah Pruett in her nostalgia eliminator 1 car(7.60 index)
chrr18.jpg

NF/C on deck
chrr19.jpg

more NF/C on deck
chrr20.jpg

Pisano & Matsubara NF/C
chrr21.jpg

Pat and Don Garlits (sorry about the sun glare)
chrr22.jpg

lunch time, went back out to my silv and ate some sammiches
chrr23.jpg

A/Gas staging lane
chrr24.jpg

Half of the "Grove"
chrr25.jpg

Chock full of hot rods and geezers:eek:

Thrash between rounds T/F
chrr26.jpg

Heaven (otherwise known as NF/C row)
chrr27.jpg

Time to put the toys away
chrr28.jpg
:(

Some are spending big bucks on NF/C trailers and stuff!
chrr29.jpg

Going nite nite
chrr30.jpg

'Mater rocket man Doug checking out the finals after running his car.
chrr31.jpg

Doug reports the racing surface to be as smooth as glass.
I overheard from other racers that it was the best it has ever been prepped.
Great visiting with you Doug.

After the race, In & Out burger on Panama lane had a mini cacklefest with the astro car and the vagabond car
chrr32.jpg

chrr33.jpg

chrr34.jpg

Big Daddy and T.C. Lemmons came over and Don was in the driver's seat of the astro car. It was dark but my awful camera could not capture the big flames
chrr37.jpg

chrr38.jpg

It was great day, started around 6 am with a full moon overhead, got to Bako and was sunny mid 80's all day, very nice.
The stands were packed! I went for the NF/C's, also greatly enjoyed other faves like NE1 and AA/GAS.
Not too many good looking girls out there today:(
Missed lots of good picture oportunities, sorry......

AWESOME PICS!! I've never had the opportunity to attend one of these meets,but I'm going to make it a "have to". Lots of history there for sure.

There were 50 fuelers in the cackelfest. Got my glasses blown off twice:D

Friday night at the Double tree hotel, they started the Chizler with the Greek in the seat, the Kansas John car with Kansas himself in the seat, the Hawaiian funnycar, and the LA Challenger funnycar ALL AT THE SAME TIME in the parking lot.

Jay

Thanks so much for sharing..............I attended the 2nd annual CHRR, something like 14 years ago or so, one of the most memorable car events of my lifetime, I surely would recommend it to all at least once.................

Chris, walking thru the "grove" feels like you are literally going back in time. feels great! Half the grove is for cackle cars and race cars and the other half seems like for the rockabilly or rod culture.

Jean, when are ya gonna make it back to the patch again?

Willymon, you would have been in Gasser heaven.

Jay, pics? I'm kicking myself for not going Saturday also.

Dave, sometimes with as many moonbats and "others" we have here, Iowa probably does NOT suck.

Lance, and the kicker is that the 1st one was to be the only time. Now we're up to 15.

Additional notes:
The NE1 category had 49 entries. WOW!
Jeg's gave EVERY NF/C team dozens and dozens and dozens of hats to give out to us fans. Yellow heads everywhere including me. I heard Jeg's is now supporting the category. Awesome. The have all my business from now on.
Thanx to the In & Out manger and staff. The burgers were really good. They handed out lots of free caps, stickers, free-drink coupons, fake tattoos for the kiddies.
Highlight of the season: Romanazzi running 5.98 in the warrior NF/C. The stands went crazy and we were very appreciative!! You should have heard how good and happy the motor sounded. At 60' it sounded good, at 330' it sounded good, at 1000' sounded good. Just awesome.
Also a fantastic 5.99 by the "back in black" Vette/Dennis LaCharite. Crowd loved it!

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back