Moving Rumor (1 Viewer)

Only one I could think of off the top of my head was the Capco bunch moving operations closer to Kilgore for Steve and Billy to be closer home for the business. As far as the first piece of the puzzle part maybe the Capco move may also mean Antron's Matco team will move in 2022 (if that is still happening).

Only one I could think of off the top of my head was the Capco bunch moving operations closer to Kilgore for Steve and Billy to be closer home for the business. As far as the first piece of the puzzle part maybe the Capco move may also mean Antron's Matco team will move in 2022 (if that is still happening).
Are they even based in brownsburg? I didnt think they were?

I'd like to see JFR move out of Calif, to maybe Dallas. Just cuz Dallas is in the middle of our country & it would be easier to run east or west. I know that Browsburg is close to Indy and that is kind of the capitol of auto racing in USA, but always thought Dallas more central. You know what I really want to see? NHRA move outta Calif. Phoenix is a nice dry area, as long as you have good A/C. heh

There's zero need for them to move the race team to Kilgore, TX. It's in good hands in Brownsburg.

Was the Antron Brown/DSR partnership a one year deal thing?
There is a good interview with Antron on WFO radio following his win in Vegas. At this point in time, Antron is still working on forming his own team and would really like to get it going for 2021 but no later than 2022. All of his sponsors are behind him and the move to forming Antron Brown Motorsports.

Can't forsee Force going anywhere than where he is. Has a major investment in his facility there and he seems to be an involved daily hands on kind of guy with a beautiful home and his family close to the shop. Right now we don't even know what his 2021 team makeup is.

I'd like to see JFR move out of Calif, to maybe Dallas. Just cuz Dallas is in the middle of our country & it would be easier to run east or west. I know that Browsburg is close to Indy and that is kind of the capitol of auto racing in USA, but always thought Dallas more central. You know what I really want to see? NHRA move outta Calif. Phoenix is a nice dry area, as long as you have good A/C. heh

JFR isn't in CA. The race shop has been in Brownsburg for years. John still has his office and museum in Yorba Linda, but the race operation has been in Brownsburg for close to 20 years.

Alan

It would cost JFR a lot of money to move back to Yorba Linda. All of his manufacturing capabilities are in Brownsburg (CNC machines, etc) that he does not have room for in Yorba Linda, so he would have to get a bigger place in CA. Brownsburg and Indiana give tax incentives for race teams, those tax incentives do not exist in CA. Then there is just the regular tax situation in CA. Force is kinda crazy, but he is not stupid. Moving back to Yorba Linda would be stupid.

That compplus blurb is worded pretty carefully; "Change of address". I suspect this is more than just a change of location.

It would cost JFR a lot of money to move back to Yorba Linda. All of his manufacturing capabilities are in Brownsburg (CNC machines, etc) that he does not have room for in Yorba Linda, so he would have to get a bigger place in CA. Brownsburg and Indiana give tax incentives for race teams, those tax incentives do not exist in CA. Then there is just the regular tax situation in CA. Force is kinda crazy, but he is not stupid. Moving back to Yorba Linda would be stupid.

Another reason JFR moved was because of the more stringent environmental regulations here in CA, as far as their manufacturing operations.

That compplus blurb is worded pretty carefully; "Change of address". I suspect this is more than just a change of location.
The 1st time I read it this morning, I swore it said "changing organizations"....

Edit: I know I am getting old... but I swear I did. I was only on my 1st cup of coffee though...

I always thought Okla. City or at least Okla. missed a real opportunity to be the center of drag racing. The National's were held in Okla. in the late 50s along with the world finals in Tulsa in the 60s. That with the convergence of Interstate's 40, 35, and 44 and a central location in the US should have made it an easy choice. Oh well, as Dandy Don Merridith used to say on Monday night football "if if's and but's were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas"

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back