Mountain Motor Pro Stock Exhibition Passes at Indy (1 Viewer)

My prediction:
NHRA has these exhibition passes
Fans demand it be included in the big show
NHRA adds them to regular Pro Stock
The Mopars and Fords start kicking ass
weight is added to them to "even the playing field"
Mopar and Ford bow out again
Pro stock remains as boring and on life support as before this happened

My prediction:
NHRA has these exhibition passes
Fans demand it be included in the big show
NHRA adds them to regular Pro Stock
The Mopars and Fords start kicking ass
weight is added to them to "even the playing field"
Mopar and Ford bow out again
Pro stock remains as boring and on life support as before this happened

Weight hasn't been added to a Pro Stock car since 1982. How long does it usually take you to get passed something?
Bob Glidden won 5 titles in the 80's for Ford. No penalty
Darrell Alderman won 3 in the 90's for MOPAR. No penalty
Allen Johnson and Jeggie won titles in 2012 and 2013 for MOPAR. No penalty
Like Princess Elsa said, "Let it go."

Alan

Weight hasn't been added to a Pro Stock car since 1982. How long does it usually take you to get passed something?

Alan

I wasn't referring to previous actions taken or not taken by the sanctioning body....it was tongue in cheek observations about level playing fields.

I know nothing of weight being added to any one. My argument in any of this was the RPM change if anything.
I always admired the inventiveness of drag racers to find an edge....creative interpretation of the rulebook. That gets lost under the thumb of the sanctioning body.

Why would Ford and Mopar leave if they were being treated fairly and evenly? What keeps GM in the game? And why would Mopar or Ford sponsor a race where any of their cars are powered by a GM motor?

BTW, as far as letting something go, anytime I remember my favorite PS team (Wayne County) winning the championships, I get inundated by cries of "foul" and "nitrous"!

Kudos to Allen Johnson and Jeg for bringing the Championship back for us Mopar guys

Alan

Gee, it seems like I've heard that somewhere before.........

My concern is, and it's not really a concern, is that these cars come in for this exhibition and throw down some .20's, getting everybody excited, then if/when they get mixed in get 200-300 pounds put on them to back them into the 500-inch cars, making the exhibition inaccurate.

Again, not really a big deal I guess, but I would think if the ultimate goal is to merge them with the 500-inchers, why not exhibit them in the fashion they will be competing in if that indeed happens.

Sean D

Alan
Maybe not since 500 cubic inch rule but before that :
http://competitionplus.com/drag-racing/news/1488-encore-pounds-cubic-headache-the-days-500-inch-ps

I don't see this mix being a good idea or good for the class.
Why not just let the guys with 500 CI cars on carbs sitting on the side lines come back with added weight to back them into the same ET's as the EFI guys?
I don't see this ending well.

have doubts about MMPS's coming into nhra PS and suddenly making the class popular again. IMO there are just too many classes to enjoy these
days at about every half second interval, whether nhra classes or other. example: why would i want to spectate top sportsman, pro mod, then pro stock, back to back to back? a few years back after comp. eliminator, the next closest car that didn't have dragsters in the class too was pro stock. it was the ONLY really fast door slammer class at
a national event. they stood out. they were fun to watch......now there are super stock cars in the 7's and the factory stock cars that IMO are waaay more exciting to watch.
there's just too much. IMO the nhra was on the right track 1 or 2 years ago when they wanted to cut the PS events......good luck with the experiment. for the sake of
the few touring PS teams

Add nitrous to the 500" cars. Just enough to get them into the 6.20's. Am curious as to what the mountain motor guys are saying about this. Have heard nothing from their side. There are some heavy hitters that will run Indy. These cars can run 4.0's 1/8 mile.

Add nitrous to the 500" cars. Just enough to get them into the 6.20's. Am curious as to what the mountain motor guys are saying about this. Have heard nothing from their side. There are some heavy hitters that will run Indy. These cars can run 4.0's 1/8 mile.
The thing with adding nitrous to the 500 inchers to help them run 6.20s, alongside the MM cars, is now it becomes a slow Pro Mod class, in a way. I applaud NHRA for getting creative in trying to spice up PS, I’m just not sure what can be done without actually overhauling the class.

Bob,
I was being a little cheeky as well.~:)~

Dick,
36 years ago? Seriously? The reason NHRA instituted the 500 CI and 2350 lbs. was to put and end to that and they did.
Alan

Alan

I would consider it like this

You invite me over to play a game, I am winning, you kick me in the nuts, will I ever forget that ? Nope.

I would consider it like this

You invite me over to play a game, I am winning, you kick me in the nuts, will I ever forget that ? Nope.

To finish your analogy, then I guess you better have fun playing by yourself or find a new group of friends 😉

I don't see this mix being a good idea or good for the class.
Why not just let the guys with 500 CI cars on carbs sitting on the side lines come back with added weight to back them into the same ET's as the EFI guys?
I don't see this ending well.

What guys are sitting on the side lines that could not make the switch to EFI?

Shoot, while we’re at it, bring back Buddy Ingersoll’s turbo V6 Buick.
I saw it run at Tulsa in the mid-‘80s. It was a beast. The turbo quieted the exhaust so much you could hear the tires squeal.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back