More Papa John's news.... (1 Viewer)

he just made national news this morning on all the networks. and not just the company. the story is all about john.....again.

I noticed there are other higher discount rates with other organizations that beat Leah's / NHRA's rate. IDK how she / NHRA are expected to show an honest ROI tracking methodology like that.

he just made national news this morning on all the networks. and not just the company. the story is all about john.....again.
AGAIN. So does NHRA rethink having their named tied in with him? Didn't seem to bother them last time.

the only news on the web talking about what he said were the liberal main stream media.....biased against him and not telling the whole story.

What was said during a conference call with a marketing firm in May 2018 was :

"Citing “a source with knowledge of the event,” Forbes reported that Schantter was taking part in a role-playing exercise in the wake of his comments concerning the NFL, and him placing blame on the league’s national anthem protests for the company’s sales. During the call, he reportedly said “Colonel Sanders called blacks n----s“ and never faced backlash.
He also allegedly stated that, in his home state of Indiana, “people used to drag African-Americans from trucks until they died,” reportedly intending for the sentiment to convey his opposition to racism.

the only news on the web talking about what he said were the liberal main stream media.....biased against him and not telling the whole story.

What was said during a conference call with a marketing firm in May 2018 was :

"Citing “a source with knowledge of the event,” Forbes reported that Schantter was taking part in a role-playing exercise in the wake of his comments concerning the NFL, and him placing blame on the league’s national anthem protests for the company’s sales. During the call, he reportedly said “Colonel Sanders called blacks n----s“ and never faced backlash.
He also allegedly stated that, in his home state of Indiana, “people used to drag African-Americans from trucks until they died,” reportedly intending for the sentiment to convey his opposition to racism.
I consider myself a liberal( better that than a right wing nutjob) and I don't understand the uproar. It's not like he was calling anyone a derogatory name.

Well, I can tell this is going to be a great thread. Rational discussion is fine but as soon as a flame war starts - I don’t care which side of the aisle you’re on - I’ll move it to the black hole of the politics forum. Where the discussion never continues.

In it's effort of damage control Papa John's Pizza has announced it will be removing John "Papa John" Schnatter's image from ALL advertising including pizza boxes and him in commercials. They are also reviewing whether they will totally rebrand name the pizza. I would think with the pizza company distancing itself from John NHRA would do the same. Papa John's Pizza: OK. Any use of John Schnatter: NOT OK, he no longer represents the company.

FORREST GUMP.jpg

FORREST GUMP.jpg

Another stupid controversy blown completely out of proportion. No, he shouldn't have used the word in his comparison, but he wasn't calling anybody that word.

Well, I can tell this is going to be a great thread. Rational discussion is fine but as soon as a flame war starts - I don’t care which side of the aisle you’re on - I’ll move it to the black hole of the politics forum. Where the discussion never continues.

It begins here...

Brain.jpg

Not sure if you're poking fun at me or being just tearing me a new one, Randy, or if you're commenting on this thread in general. Either way, this made me chuckle - it's so true.

Not directed at you personally. I was pointing out the underlying reason why this thread could go ballistic after David Keech's "right wing nutjob" comment and your subsequent warning. On one of the political web sites I frequent, the comments that would have followed Keech's would have him and many others looking for their safe spaces.

In today's day and age I can't imagine anyone having derogatory terms like Papa John's anywhere in their vocabulary knowing full well the ramifications. As we all know, words spoken by someone are a window to that persons heart. So I guess it struck me as odd that while this discussion is about words that disrespects an entire group of people and what should be done about it, we have someone posting derogatory words here disrespecting another entire group of people in his post.

Food for thought.

If that is correct, then Forbes got a lot of clicks at the expense of someone's livelihood and that marketing company is pretty darn ruthless if they actually used that to create a hook to control their customer.

Randy, I agree 100% with the last paragraph of your post, but if you've ever been prepared for a press conference or earnings release you've got a lot of internal people and hired guns advising you on what to say to paint the picture the way they think is appropriate. That said, he is the ultimate decider of his word choices, but I do have some empathy for the steering process that occurs.

Last edited:
Maybe the guy just needs lessons on what NOT to say during conference calls. SOURCE: Bloomberg 11-17. " On Wednesday, the tone was quite different. Papa John’s post-earnings conference call was dominated by negative talk of the NFL. The league’s name came up 44 times during the discussion, compared with 12 mentions in the year-earlier call. "

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back