Millican and Kloeber Reunited in 2019 (1 Viewer)

That's interesting. I thought Dave Grubnic was doing a pretty good job this year. What with the budget restrictions they were working with and all, they did good this season.

That's interesting. I thought Dave Grubnic was doing a pretty good job this year. What with the budget restrictions they were working with and all, they did good this season.

Agreed. I'm surprised by this.

On another note: 50 wins and 6 championships for Clay in IHRA. I wonder how hard he had to bite his tongue when Amanda congratulated him at the top end on his "first win" :rolleyes:

On another note: 50 wins and 6 championships for Clay in IHRA. I wonder how hard he had to bite his tongue when Amanda congratulated him at the top end on his "first win" :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what Clay was thinking after winning his first NHRA race, on father's day after all he has been through.

After this year and that team's performance, I'll bet Dave has more than one offer to consider.

when i saw mike coming back, i thought for sure it would be to work with grubby......i'm a big fan of dave. i wish him well whatever 2019 brings for him.....never know how long you're gonna' be around in this business. take what you can get while the gettins' good.

Maybe Grubby’s price went up?
I'd only feel good about this whole deal if Grubby already had a deal in place. Sure proved his bonafides as a crew chief (Plus, I like the way the team lines up before each run -disciplined).

Agreed. I'm surprised by this.

I don't think he had to bite his tongue...in fact he said "I finally won one!"

But plenty of us were holding back tears when he did it....Alan in the background on the loudspeakers acknowledging he's had success on the other side at Bristol

Interesting, Kloeber has not been involved in drag racing for 4 years. Not saying he isn't capable of running the car, he probably is and will have some learning curve. When you have a tuner like Grubby who made the team a major player and decide to replace him with a person who hasn't touched a car in 4 years you might be cutting your own throat. Winning in IHRA in it's heyday never was a equal to NHRA. Some IHRA T/F racers did race at a few NHRA meets but weren't real successful. IHRA was like a triple A team in baseball.

My money is on Grubnic returning to Kallitta and tuning for Doug.

Edit- Wishful thinking. I see Kallitta Motorsports is denying it. I guess Britney Force may make sense if Alan Johnson is bringing back his own team.

Last edited:
You ever wonder if Grubby would want to tune some cars from Australia? Just throwing this out, cuz only Grubby knows what is really happening.

Just a thought. Rumor is Alan Johnson is going to have a team next year. He has signed a consulting contract with Mike Salinas already for 2009. 2 scenarios- 1.Alan has to cancel his consulting contract with Salinas, Salinas hires Grubby. 2. Alan hires Grubby to crew chief his team.
Time will tell, certainly is going to be imterestimg.

WTF? With the way the car ran this year you'd think the last person they'd want to replace would be Grubby.

WTF? With the way the car ran this year you'd think the last person they'd want to replace would be Grubby.
I guarantee they didn't want to replace Mac or Grubby...but they can't run the car without a crew chief.:)

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back