Miller Lite "Last Call" (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
Brew crew seem to have a hot rod for Dixon in the last race under the Miller Lite banner:)

Still hoping for a new sponsor announcement:eek:

I'm sure one way or another they will have a deal for next year. In fact I'm willing to bet that someone will step in and save the day.

I keep hoping miller changes their mind, if not i've bought my last miller.

It worries me that they haven't made an news about next year yet. We need to have Dixon out there racing.

I hope somebody steps in and picks them up. It just would'nt be the same with out Dixon out there. Miller has decided to spend all of the racing money on Kurt Busch and the 2 car. Ever since they were sold to that company from South Africa. They seem to be a little lost.
It's just my .02 I could be wrong.

Dan

I hope somebody steps in and picks them up. It just would'nt be the same with out Dixon out there. Miller has decided to spend all of the racing money on Kurt Busch and the 2 car. Ever since they were sold to that company from South Africa. They seem to be a little lost.

Dan
Miller's sales have been declining for several years. I'll bet they're even sorry that they're locked into NASCAR as expenses there have almost doubled since the original deal. I think you can pretty much look forward to Miller leaving motor sports as soon as the roundy round deal is done. As for A-B, they're not doing so hot either as sales are declining along with the entire declline of the American beer market. Bernstein is marketing supremo for them in drag racing, but again the reachable market is pretty small compared to the Nascar bunch.

Ever since they were sold to that company from South Africa. They seem to be a little lost.

Dan

That seems odd re: the S. African company- NHRA gets HUGE push on ESPN in that country, so its not like the sport is unknown to Corporate, unless they don't watch sports! (In which case, do we really want to drink their product anyway?? :D )

Sorry to see Miller leaving as well. And not just because Snake and Dixon are losing a sponsor (though that's certainly not a good thing). Rather, I've always loved the paint scheme on that Miller Lite dragster.

I hate to say it but some of the biggest names in drag racing has gone the way of no sponsors Dunn, Skuza, Hill, Pawuk just to name a few.. Would hate to see Dixon not racing but it could happen. Then again Torco Race Fuels would really look good on the side.

Agreed, Rich - a friend who was at the race yesterday told me that Snake has indeed tied up a sponsor for Larry. Maybe they're waiting till after the Miller Lite car has raced it's last before they officially announce?

Rich and Cindy, sure hope your right. This is just too good of a team to have sitting on the sidelines. But then again like Lanny said, "There's alot of great teams sitting on the sidelines waiting to get back into the show."

i really hope they get a sponsor, lary is a true hardcore racer, and the snake, what can you say, hes a legend! here to team snake finding a big sponsor!

yeah, Miller has been a great backer of this sport. And who knows; they may be back someday.
I do want to give a pat on the back to Don Bender.... he's a former Kalitta boy...... nice to see him making the big money and calling the shots on a top notch team. I can assure Donnie will be back in February swinging... WITH a new marquee sponsor. You go Donald!!!!!!!!! Love ya~

It'snot that I have the scoop. Let's just say that I have a feeling that someone's waiting in the wings if a deal doesn't develop.

I`m still going thru threads from the weekend...It definitely wouldn`t be Pomona if CMac and Dixon weren`t paired up first round...and sure enough Larry won again (on a killer .028 light!). It will be strange not to see Miller out there come Feb, but I`m sure somebodys going to snag Larry up, he`s too damn good.

I'm pretty sure Marty Reid said that Snake assured him that Larry will remain with the team, but obviously the car will have a new primary sponsor.

I also remember it being said that Snake told Larry he has a job next year. I just hope that it's not a case where Larry is paid to stay aboard while they search for backing. It just stinks, if this was NASCAR, there would be a line of sponsors bidding over the side of that car. And while Torco might look good on the car, and I think Evan's passion for drag racing is unmatched, it sure would be nice if there was a bigger pool of sponsors wanting to get involved.

I also remember it being said that Snake told Larry he has a job next year. I just hope that it's not a case where Larry is paid to stay aboard while they search for backing. It just stinks, if this was NASCAR, there would be a line of sponsors bidding over the side of that car. And while Torco might look good on the car, and I think Evan's passion for drag racing is unmatched, it sure would be nice if there was a bigger pool of sponsors wanting to get involved.

I too read somewhere that Prudhomme said that Larry has a job next year, but he does not yet have a drive next year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back