Matt Smith to race both Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle (1 Viewer)

I wonder, if in an effort to help boost numbers, the NHRA will lift the rule on not being able to drive 2 pro categories.

Man when I first saw that, I was hoping he was going to drive a mountain motor car put together by his dad. That would be fun.

I wonder, if in an effort to help boost numbers, the NHRA will lift the rule on not being able to drive 2 pro categories.
The story says he is only running events the motorcycles do not run. I would like to see them do away with that rule. Seems silly to me.

Time between classes running ??? If you were the last FC and first PS you would hold up the event ??

Time between classes running ??? If you were the last FC and first PS you would hold up the event ??
I get that but I'm sure they could work around it by changing the run order with other classes such as alcohol. Seems John Force reappears at the starting line awfully quick to watch his other cars. I don't think it's as big a deal as insinuated. Live tv is the bigger issue. Besides how often would it happen and how different is it than a clean up? Imagine the hype and anticipation it could create. I think it would be worth the hassle.

Last edited:
I look forward to him in a Pro Stock car. I have seen him behind the wheel of a Pro Mod several times. The man can drive. A chip off the old block.

So you can't drive two pro categories but Erica Enders can drive Pro Stock and Pro Mod at the same race? Time to do away with that silly rule!

And others drive a pro category and a sportsman category, as well. Considering that pro mod isnt in the "Pro" categories, despite the name, it's quite alright for EE to race both. Pro Mods aren't part of the Mello Yello or Lucas Oil tour, right? Don't they have their own series with E3? Are they still considered exhibition? Until they're classified into the pro rankings with FC, TF, PS, PSM, and TFH then there's really no comparison.

I think the last double pro driver was Kenny Korestsky in Pro stock and Top Fuel in the 90's.

Driving two sportsman classes or one pro and one sportsman class has been allowed for as long as I can remember. I assume it's the fear of a timing issue between rounds if a driver happened to be the last pair of one class and the first of the next. While I think fans would be ok with a slight delay to see someone pull of a double, I wonder if part of the concern is safety. They wouldn't want someone rushing their belting procedure in order to be ready, just a guess on my part though.

Either way, I'd like to see the rule lifted.

Here would be a recent example/possible scenarios

Robert Hight, suppose he was running TF and FC a couple weeks ago. He blows up in the FC finals and is carted off to the hospital, now there is no TF final match.
OR
He is not carted off but needs to be checked out causing a long delay.
OR
He has to get back for the TF final and has had his bell rung and you are going to put him behind the wheel of 12,000 HP.

Blowing up these cars has become a regular occurrence anymore.

Was thinking Leah drives T/F and Factory Stock. Big difference in how the cars are driven, etc etc. But Leah is a great driver and can handle the differences with no problem. I remember Pat Austin with TA/FC and T/F and he was able to handle the differences as well. I think Pat liked TA/FC more than T/F, cuz he went back to alky after getting out of the dragster. His son Drew does pretty good in an A/FD, nostalgia.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back