Maddi Gordon #100 (1 Viewer)

LasVegas87

Nitro Member
Neat story to see Maddi Gordon win a national event last weekend in TA/FC. She's been a win waiting to happen for a few months now, losing some squeakers to the veterans. Impressive. Also neat to see she was the 100th woman to win a national event. Going through the list was fun, lots of great personalities on the list.

In the last year, I have become a big fan of that family and their operation. Those 2 young sisters are the REAL DEAL. They do a majority of the work on that funny car, though Mom, Dad, and Grandma and Grandpa also contribute. But those 2 sisters really work hard during an event, and they are not about DEI by any means. They are an outstanding example of what is great about NHRA drag racing.

Maddi is a real sweetheart and coming from a great racing family, there was no surprise here. I knew she would do fantastic. when you grow up in drag racing and see every aspect of what happens first hand stepping up to driving is a lot easier. another example, years ago Mike Dunn was at Irwindale too license, he looked like he had driven for a very long time already. once again growing up in drag racing is a big help to be a good driver and there are others that did the same.
Larry Sutton---🤠

Would this also be the first time three generations of the same family all won national events?

Last edited:
I'd agree. I think Autumn Hight has already made a SC final. Maybe it was a regional though.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back