LVMS - Not Racing Related (1 Viewer)

Dennis

Nitro Member
I was looking up something on Google Maps satellite view and wandered over to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway complex. I don't know how often Google updates its satellite imagery but what is in the parking lot next to the strip? Trying to understand what I'm looking at here. I thought maybe tables with umbrellas but there are so many. There also seems to be a green patch over near the strip.

Any ideas?

The hold a major music festival there called EDC every year. It looks like its related to that. If you look inside the oval, you can see boom lifts building the main stage on the front stretch grass.

right on Scott. about a couple years ago a friend tipped me off to the wildly successful EDC annual music festival. i couldn't believe it. draws international crowd,
and it's not cheap either. it's a huge money maker for LVMS, i would guess far surpassing what the (2) nhra events bring in, and maybe rivaling the draw they take from nascar.

During 2020 the evenytcwas held the week before the NHRA event. Couldn't use the main parking lot because it was full of tents that hadn't been removed yet.

EDC! i may be a huge nitro freak but the other part of my heart belongs there! its the largest music fest on our side of the world. just the firework shows every night amount to dozens of millions of dollars. now i just wish i could make it there for the 4 wides as well :(

Over half a million attended the event in May. Around 150-170K per day. Sundown to sunup.
YUP! 500,000 strong and as they say from the advertisements "from dusk to dawn". get there with the sunset in the background and as your walking out the sun is creeping over the horizon. LOL

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back