Lucas Oil NHRA Winternationals rescheduled for July; Flav-R-Pac NHRA Northwest Nationals canceled (1 Viewer)

DG

Nitro Member
Lucas Oil NHRA Winternationals rescheduled for July; Flav-R-Pac NHRA Northwest Nationals canceled

NHRA and Auto Club Raceway at Pomona have announced July 30 – Aug. 1 as the rescheduled date of the 61st annual Lucas Oil NHRA Winternationals presented by ProtectTheHarvest.com. The 2021 Flav-R-Pac NHRA Northwest Nationals has been canceled due to current state COVID-19 restrictions.

at this stage of the game, the owners of pacific raceway should be allowed to sue the state of washington, or any other state that cancels summer events rite now in
the month of may...........cliff, they will put cardboard cutouts in the pomona bleachers. the problem is, no one will buy one ;)

This really sucks. Having said that, as a Canadian that is still stuck behind a closed US/Canada border, at least I now know where I stand, rather than looking for updates every day.. This is also really bad news for Pacific Raceways which is a family owned business that relies on the Big Show revenue to stay in the black. They remain a class act. The email I just received, like last year, gave me the option of rolling my tickets over to next year, or a refund. I have had the same seats since 1989, so like last time, I will be rolling my tickets over to next year. However, they also added an offer of free Winternationals tickets if I roll my tickets over to next year. Like I said, a class act. I just hope they can survive getting screwed two years in a row.
When I just cancelled my hotel reservations, they sounded pretty disappointed as well. This kind of thing is far-reaching.

In my mind, the issue with this COVID thing is that it's no different than any other virus ; it's most prevalent during the darker colder months. California has plenty of dry sunshine the viruses do not thrive on. Unlike last year when they told you the virus subsided because of mask waring, it has more to do with the weather.

Right now Los Angeles County is in the "Yellow" field and there's no more waiting to get tested or vaccinated. Now, as for the illegal alien kids being stored at the fairgrounds, well that's a different story.

Move all the events to Texas. Alternate between Houston and Ennis. No BS Covid rules here.
How about Florida. Th governor signed an executive order overruling any local ordinances requiring face mask, crowd size, etc.
I said it before and I'll keep saying it, I don't know who or what to believe anymore.

I'm glad that I live in So. Florida, we're almost back to normal. The restaurant crowds are coming back, the concert scene is returning, we don't have to wear masks and we've got plenty of gas, I haven't seen a line anywhere. I really feel bad for what a lot of you are still going through.

I was CERTAIN the border kids deal was going to kill Pomona for the entire year. Happy to be surprised (wish I could justify the expense).

Pomona at the end of July will be really hard on the racers as the end of July, early August is one of the hottest times in SoCal. Expect temps in the mid to high 90's, a tuning nightmare.

Last edited:
In my mind, the issue with this COVID thing is that it's no different than any other virus ; it's most prevalent during the darker colder months. California has plenty of dry sunshine the viruses do not thrive on. Unlike last year when they told you the virus subsided because of mask waring, it has more to do with the weather.

Right now Los Angeles County is in the "Yellow" field and there's no more waiting to get tested or vaccinated. Now, as for the illegal alien kids being stored at the fairgrounds, well that's a different story.
I thought this was a drag racing site not a medical site to comment whether the virus is real or not, or a political site to comment on as you call them "illegal alien" kids. There are sites for you to post your opinion on those things, not here.

I thought this was a drag racing site not a medical site to comment whether the virus is real or not, or a political site to comment on as you call them "illegal alien" kids. There are sites for you to post your opinion on those things, not here.
I'm sorry that you're confused, but this is a drag racing site. And it's a site to express opinions and information. In this case it was how the current situation in and around So. Cal will affect the Winternationals during that time of year. COVID is a virus and acts like a virus How was that a political statement?

With regards to the kids being housed at the Fairplex, I don't care how you want them labeled. It does not change the situation they're in or how they got here.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back