Lost Our Seats at Las Vegas (1 Viewer)

cheetah

Nitro Member
This year instead of a renewal notice for our fall race tickets at Las Vegas Motor Speedway we received an ‘Eviction’ notice.

Apparently Speedway Motorsports and LVMS have decided that those of us who only attend only single NHRA events at their venue have diminished value as a customer. For 2010 LVMS introduced what they call a ‘Season Power Package’. This package covers both NHRA events and guarantees the same seats for both events and gives them first choice of seats. That’s right, first pick of reserved and platinum seats. And guess what happens to the people who already have those seats? Yep, kiss your seats goodbye. You have to move, no discussion, no appeal.

In all fairness LVMS did offer us different seats that are comparable. Unfortunately we will not be sitting in the great location we have had for the last 7 years nor with the friends we have made during that time. Is this fantastic customer service or what?

I do feel sorry for the ticket agents that have to deal with the fallout from this stupid decision. They were very nice, polite and seemed genuinely concerned. I was told that apparently there has been enough backlash that the program will not be continued. Hope that is truly the case and was not just a way to get disappointed customers off of the phone. However, those of us that were affected are just screwed. When I inquired whether I could get our seats back next year I was told that it wouldn’t be ‘FAIR’ to expect the people who purchased our seats this year to move next year. If they don’t renew I supposedly have the chance to get them back. We will see.

It is really hard to describe what a slap in the face this is. I know in the big scheme of things this is a trivial matter. It is just so insulting that Speedway Motorsports Inc., specifically Las Vegas Motor Speedway, has so little regard for their fan base that they feel they can treat them in such an offhand, dismissive manner. Such a shame that a venue this nice has such near-sighted management.

For 20 years I have listened to Bob Fry come out at the end of each event and give heartfelt thanks to the fans for attending. Apparently the NHRA appreciates our patronage, just not LVMS or Speedway Motorsports.

Just wanted to toss this out and see what others think. Rant over.

Last edited:
In the spring we already attend NHRA events at Houston, Madison and Topeka as well as the NASCAR event at Talladega. Don't really want to add another. Over the years we have upgraded to great seats at each event and don't want to give up what we have worked hard to get.

As far as buying tickets for both events and selling one set we have done that before and haven't had great luck. Usually wind up losing money or having to eat the tickets. Still, it something to consider again.

We actually added Vegas to get back a fall event after the NHRA moved Topeka from Sept/Oct to May. Also, both my wife and I attend different professional conferences which are usually held in Vegas and after a while going to the same place gets boring. A little variety is nice.

If this had been LVMS policy from day one I wouldn't complain. Just seems like a crappy way to treat repeat business.

The spring race always has less attendance. Motorhome passes for the spring are $100 and for the fall $150.
I attend both and had different seats for spring and fall and was told I had to have the same seats for spring and fall 2010.
They should have notified everyone by email. Guess they didnt.

At least you have a track still....

By the way, it's our own Alan R. that does the THANK YOU/ Guard barrier Walk.

d'kid

(Smith Strikes Again)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back