Linda Vaughn-Wishing the FIRST Lady of Drag Racing a Speedy Recovery (1 Viewer)

The Little Lizard

Nitro Member
Last edited:
Get well soon, Linda!

Here I am with Linda at the 1977 World of Wheels Car Show in Winnipeg. I was 14 years old. Initially, we posed standing together, but my friend had trouble with his camera. Linda went back to the table and signed a few more autographs. Once my buddy was ready, Linda told me to sit down, then she sat on my lap. You see the result in the photo. I think I became a man that day. ;-) Linda could not have been more friendly or more beautiful.

3132747384_bcebc22361_z.jpg

What a cool lady---here's to wishing her a speedy and full recovery. I had a chance to talk to her at Pomona in 2010. When I walked up and spoke she asked, "Honey, where you from?" When I replied Little Rock Ark, she said, "I thought so---you talk like me!!" She is truly one of the treasures of our sport.:)

One of the best ambassadors of the sport. Linda is not only a pretty lady, but also a beautiful woman. A Georgia Peach who always draws a crowd and seems to never forget a name.

Get well Linda!

I don't know who or if Linda works for somebody but, she is so much more than a spokes-model. Having heard her on the PA with Frey or whoever, she knows her stuff - and she seems genuinely excited about Drag Racing.

PS: God bless the advantages in cardiac surgery, technolgy and technique; I'm sure she-ll be back good as ever and a lot better than she's (probably) been lately.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back