Latest rumor.... (1 Viewer)

Did Shoe release him?
The way I understood Don to say it in his interview was that Whit was still on the payroll per contract but he would allow him to do freely for the remainder of the season so that he could secure a car for next season etc.
So he's not "released" but he is somehwhat "free" to do it.

Did Shoe release him?

I would think if he does race, he will need to have Schumacher's blessing since he is still under contract. If he doesn't it could potentially be a breach of contract and Whit could possibly lose his remaining salary. I hope we do see Whit this weekend!

Well he cant drive it in Richmond. Tech and registration were closed on Saturday so a driver change cant be done at this time. And there was no entry in the system for Whit.

This is also the answer to the trivia question "Why didn't Erica Enders run at the rain-postponed Reading event?" Though no car had run, tech was closed and new entries were not permitted.

I was surprised to read that David Connolly will be running his new Cobalt this weekend - maybe they teched the new car last weekend even though they expected to run the old car because of electrical problems with the new one.

I was surprised to read that David Connolly will be running his new Cobalt this weekend - maybe they teched the new car last weekend even though they expected to run the old car because of electrical problems with the new one.

How do they handle the sitation when someone wrecks a car and pulls a new one out of the trailer after Tech is closed?

Isn't it just the car that is teched? Gilbertson is on the entry list, so I assume he had the car go thru tech last Friday. I remember the rule used to be u could switch drivers, but you would lose any qualifying passes made by the old driver (kind of like the NASCAR and open wheel rules where due to a driver change, the car is placed in the back of the field), so since no passes where ever made, Gilby could substitute Whit, basically without penalty...of course, this may just be a dead rumor. I guess we will find out Friday.

Can you just see the can of worms that would open up?
Whit in Gilbys car qualifys and gets capps 1st rd, and whips him again.:D

Rule book, section 17 pp 234 and 235 qualifying, see 1 thru 6... but note, is prefaced with " the event director has the option of permitting driver changes, but only under the following conditions:
then see items 1 thru 6
So it is allowed by the rule book, but...

I'm glad Frank is getting a chance to come back out this year. I'm just sorry I won't be there.

S/F
D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back