Last minute TF entry at Pomona? (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
Heard tonight that a currently licensed TF driver may attempt to qualify at Pomona as a "Blocker". He is not on the entry list at this point and I'm too tired to find out what the deadline for entry and tech is at Pomona. IF this is true, it will make Sunday even more interesting - FIRE 'EM UP!!!!!

Heard tonight that a currently licensed TF driver may attempt to qualify at Pomona as a "Blocker". He is not on the entry list at this point and I'm too tired to find out what the deadline for entry and tech is at Pomona. IF this is true, it will make Sunday even more interesting - FIRE 'EM UP!!!!!

So who do you think he's blocking for? I'm sorry, no disrespect intended but that's just plain nuts.

Do you have any idea what the odds would be to be able to qualify in the correct position, then the blockee would have to be in the correct position, then you would have to take out whoever it was you wanted to block. That's hilarious. :D

Hmm... let's have fun with this.......thinking.. Who needs a blocker the most......

1. Tony Shoe, has Melaine.. but..... How about a 2nd Army car with Brady Kalivoda??? :eek:

2. Kenny Bernstein in a Budweiser king dragster?? :D

3. Kalitta brings out a 4th car with Ben Marshall??? :rolleyes:

Who knows...

Hmm... let's have fun with this.......thinking.. Who needs a blocker the most......

1. Tony Shoe, has Melaine.. but..... How about a 2nd Army car with Brady Kalivoda??? :eek:

Who knows...

I don't know about you Paul. :D

So who do you think he's blocking for? I'm sorry, no disrespect intended but that's just plain nuts.

Do you have any idea what the odds would be to be able to qualify in the correct position, then the blockee would have to be in the correct position, then you would have to take out whoever it was you wanted to block. That's hilarious. :D

Robert - you are correct. The odds against this working are huge. I just thought it was interesting that a team would make this effort. There are some very interesting issues involved in finding crew members and parts to make this happen. Guess we'll see how this shakes out by Thursday!

Paul - very perceptive! If this happens, one of your scenarios is correct. Were you snooping in a TF pit at Vegas?

Forget finding a crew!
Somebody just loan Steve Chrisman some parts and a few guys.
He, Kevin and the boys could do some damage with top-shelf parts.

And who will win the house, the dems or the republicans? I'm not speaking for anyone here but other than aquiring data, I think multiple car teams only work if one car takes a dive when two teammates race each other. Otherwise, the blocker can be anyone else in field.

ha if i were Tony Shoe and Doug K was racing one of the lower funded teams like Hartley, Scott Palmer, or Troy Buff.....i'd be sending Alan Johnson overthere with his best set of heads!

:D :D :D :D

Well if he'd woulda said Fuel Funny car I'd be betting on Ashley Force doing some blocking for the old man.. OR Whit Bazemore in a DSR car blocking for Capps... BUT he said TOP FUEL so I don't have a clue.. :D :D

im sure the evil empire will be doing everything to block dougie chances. but team kalitta does have ben marshall that is interesting:D

Wasn't Scott Kalitta testing on Monday after Vegas in Doug's or David's car......

Last edited:
I'd love to see Bennie in a car again. He is talent in a bottle, just needs to hone his skill a little further......

Robert - you are correct. The odds against this working are huge. I just thought it was interesting that a team would make this effort. There are some very interesting issues involved in finding crew members and parts to make this happen. Guess we'll see how this shakes out by Thursday!
On the other side of the coin, the contender could meet up with their "said blocker" and get a free pass! What you say, no diving allowed?:eek:

It would seem to me that there are a few possible benefits.
If the car qualifies, that is one less spot for everyone else. It has happened before where someone in the points chase qualifies 16 or 15. If there are two different blockers, then they do not qualify. Their chase would be over. If the blocker goes rounds, there is four chances to meet up with someone they could take out for the team. And of course the blocker would lay down for the team to which he works. (That is a given.)
I could see it being a benefit.

How long is a top fuel license good for? Don't forget that Connie also knows how to drive.

Muldowney swears she'll never drive again; but Conrad gives evasive answers when you ask him if he's "done" driving.

I'd like to see Santo Rasparita from Austrailia bring his dragster back here where it came from and run it here.
And yes, Scott has qualified in a FC and rail car before at the same event!!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back