Kristen Dennis aiming to put “Ladies’ First” at Texas Nitro Jam (1 Viewer)

San Antonio, TX - As a working mother of two, Pro Fuel Dragster pilot Kristen Dennis knows all about pressure. She gets the kids off to school, deals with homework, sports, and running a business all at the same time. Now throw in running a five thousand horse power dragster into the mix, and the fun begins. Dennis will be taking a rest from her daily routine by competing at the IHRA’s Nitro Jam at the San Antonio Raceway this weekend. The crowd is in for a Texas treat, served up by Kristen Dennis and her “Ladies’ First” Pro Fuel Dragster. While it may not seem like a vacation to some, Dennis will be spending time with her kids, her friends, and the fans of Nitro Jam.

“This is a hometown race for us,” said Dennis. “I have family, friends, and even High School classmates coming out who have never seen me race. They have seen videos, but never in person. This is huge. I love interacting with the fans. It’s an all day event since we race at night. It’s also a great way for them to see the car up close, meet the crew, and learn about what I do. The women are really excited to hear all about it and the men are amazed also. I don’t want to be called a good woman driver, just a good driver. It doesn’t matter who is in the other lane, I’ll beat anyone.”

Dennis has received some help along the way to get her “Ladies’ First” dragster to the track. Space City Hot shots, 801 Racing and CleanBoost Oil have provided critical support. Global Promotional Advertising has worked with Dennis on her “Ladies’ First” T-Shirts, and even created foam fingers for the fans. Also providing additional assistance is Anglia Homes, and Glass Depot. They have all lent their support so Dennis can blast down the quarter mile at over two hundred and sixty miles per hour. But Dennis wants more than to just get down the track.

“I want to do this Texas style, we don’t go big, we go huge,” added Dennis. “I have high expectations. We are going to the Nitro Jam to win, BOTH nights,” as Dennis lets out a little laugh. Then her voice softens and she gets serious. “I have overcome so many obstacles to get here, and I am going to make sure the job gets done. I have new tires for the car, a bunch of new parts, a seasoned crew, and we worked our Texas tails off to get here. Now it’s time. I don’t want to just do it, I want to overdo it.”

……
We believe true happiness comes from blazing down the blacktop with the pedal to the metal and our hair on fire. The whiter our knuckles get, the better. If it were up to us, cars wouldn't even have brakes, just two gas pedals. It's this never-ending need for speed that drives everything we do. We spend countless hours in the lab and lying awake at night plotting and planning how to get more speed by any means possible. After decades of research and innovation, we've developed a complete line of performance and car care products designed to ensure that your ride lives up to its potential on the street and on the track. We know what you want. We got what you need. We are 801 Racing. For more information on 801 racing, please visit: 801 RACING

Release courtesy of THR5 Communications

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back