KB's Monster Sponsorship (1 Viewer)

dubldart340

Nitro Member
This is something I have been pondering since I was at Indy:

Back when Powerade/Coca-Cola first came on board, wasn't a rule made that no pro team could be sponsored by a product made by a competitor, or even have a competitor's product in their pit area (such as Gatorade drink jugs on the door for the crew)? Everything had to be Powerade, Coke, Sprite, Dasani, etc.

If that is the case, wouldn't a Monster sponsorship be a direct conflict of this rule since it competes with Full Throttle? Maybe it is allowed because Anheiser-Busch distributes it and is grandfathered in? Or is NHRA just ignoring the rule to keep a new sponsor?

Just wondered if anyone else had any insight.

Dave

Evidently the Anheiser-Busch sponsorship in the Busch Racing series in NASCAR is only signed through 2007. Word is that Monster Energy Drinks will be the new sponsor for the Busch series.

yeah, I noticed the Pepsi in their pit, also. For that matter, they had Diet Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper and some off-brand water in the hospitality area of Schumachers pit when I was in there, also.

Guys and Ladies
Let's end this right now... The only product was and is GATORADE period... This was discussed to death on a previous thread... Powerade is the series sponsor... Any other energy drinks do not matter, let alone any cola company... It is GATORADE ONLY!! Sorry but I thought I made it clear on the last thread... No hard feelings anyone...
Just the facts...;) :D :eek:

Sorry, I wasn't trying to re-hash another discussion. I never saw the other thread. If that is what it is then fine. I was just wondering.

Dave

No Dave, it is o.k. I understand, But my post before explaining the situation got overlooked like quite a few posts do... That is why I apologized at the end of my comments incase you or someone else did not see the other thread... It's all good bro...;) no disrespect meant to anyone... Ray

Okay, here's the deal.....

NO OTHER SPORTS DRINK APART FROM POWERADE CAN SPONSOR AN NHRA VEHICLE

SPORTS DRINKS: Gatorade, Powerade etc

All other drinks are allowed:

ENERGY DRINK: Monster, No Fear, Red Bull etc
SODA: Pepsi, Dr Pepper, 7UP, Sierra Mist etc
BOTTLED WATER
ALCOHOL

BOTTLED WATER
ALCOHOL

OK, now let me make sure that I understand what you mean.........

Thanks for the info, guys.

BTW Paul, I see you live in Rockwall. I used to stay there all the time when I worked for Rubbermaid and visited the plant in Greenville. Thinking about it makes me hungry for a Culpepper's steak!

Thanks for the info, guys.

BTW Paul, I see you live in Rockwall. I used to stay there all the time when I worked for Rubbermaid and visited the plant in Greenville. Thinking about it makes me hungry for a Culpepper's steak!

Hey Dave, Culpeppers do a pretty good steak, I agree! I might go grab one tonight!

I work out in Greenville too at L-3/Raytheon/E-Systems.

Hi Everybody,
Sorry Paul, I wasn't here till just now. What was it you said??
I visited Rockwall once.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ....................I was visiting a very close friend, Domme Salina, but that was.....
.Opps, :eek: Wrong thread:D

BOTTLED WATER
ALCOHOL

Ok, what about Moxie or Mr. Pibb???
lol just wanted to bust horns...

The series sponsor (Powerade) buys exclusivity. Just like you couldn’t have another cigarette sponsor when it was the Winston Drag Racing Series, all other cigarette companies were locked out. Other “Official Sponsors” don’t get exclusivity. Budweiser is the official beer, but Miller can and does (at least for now) have a car out there. Sponsoring and selling are also two different things. If Fed-Ex wanted to sponsor a car, they could. But they couldn’t set up a shipping center at the track because as the “Official Shipping Company” UPS has paid for the right to be the only one at the track. VP is the “Official Fuel” but obviously Evan sees an advertising benefit in sponsoring a number of cars at the track. Full Throttle is the “Official Energy Drink” so Monster backing a team is no problem.

Alan

The series sponsor (Powerade) buys exclusivity. Just like you couldn’t have another cigarette sponsor when it was the Winston Drag Racing Series, all other cigarette companies were locked out. Other “Official Sponsors” don’t get exclusivity. Budweiser is the official beer, but Miller can and does (at least for now) have a car out there. Sponsoring and selling are also two different things. If Fed-Ex wanted to sponsor a car, they could. But they couldn’t set up a shipping center at the track because as the “Official Shipping Company” UPS has paid for the right to be the only one at the track. VP is the “Official Fuel” but obviously Evan sees an advertising benefit in sponsoring a number of cars at the track. Full Throttle is the “Official Energy Drink” so Monster backing a team is no problem.

Alan
Alan, that was as clear as a bell. And now that you've mentioned it, it common sense -- all of us should have figured that out.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back