Kalitta vs Will rd2? (1 Viewer)

They raced two weeks ago and went 4.58 to a 4.59 This is Ken Black's home town. If you think the fix is in, you need to cut back on your medication.

Alan

Is it all possible that maybe Tobler had a better tune up in the car and Oberhofer knew he'd have to lean on it in order to win? unless nhra allows only one car teams from here out this scenario is gonna repeat itself hundreds of times and statistically the car in the hunt will likely win. get over it...

Is it all possible that maybe Tobler had a better tune up in the car and Oberhofer knew he'd have to lean on it in order to win? unless nhra allows only one car teams from here out this scenario is gonna repeat itself hundreds of times and statistically the car in the hunt will likely win. get over it...

The car in the hunt is obviously the 'better' car (That's why it's in the hunt).

Thats my point. unless every car thats in "the hunt" lays down for there lower performing teammates someones gonna cry foul. no win situation.

How did I know this would get brought up AGAIN? Take it from someone who knows there were no team orders.

Team orders blah, blah blah! There are none, talk of it, joking about or not is old, much like the whole Dean Skuza thing, hey somebody had to say it!

Anyway that match up with Will doesn't matter now. Alan Johnson drilled them in the semi with a 49! I'm excited to see if they'll get the record in the final, Tony sure ws pumped up at the top end about going after it. I will make it clear though, I'm not a Tony Schumacher fan, but very much so of Alan Johnson. He's got that Army car running strong this weekend!!

Mike

Yeah, Jim & Troy had had Hill's car loaded up for that round. I'm sure Jim-O thought that a mid .50 would stand up against Dougie..... so they tried to push it outside of thier comfort zone. They shouldn't have messed with it! I applaud the whole Girlpower crew though, because that car ran spectacular all weekend.

I would venture a guess that IF Will had won

the round and Doug K. loses the championship by 20 points or less that certain crew member/ members on Wills car will be looking for future employment.
It's just bussiness. Money talks

the round and Doug K. loses the championship by 20 points or less that certain crew member/ members on Wills car will be looking for future employment.
You're absurd Dude! You obviously don't know the Kalitta clan. Duh x 2

...I'm sure Jim-O thought that a mid .50 would stand up against Dougie..... so they tried to push it outside of their comfort zone...

This is probably the most accurate appraisal. Too aggressive on the clutch/setup because they knew they had to run a big number to have a chance against Dougie. And they CAN run big numbers...but might've gotten a little too aggressive for the conditions. To my knowledge, Connie is a straight forward kinda guy...if he were gonna make the call for "team orders" (without even considering the other implications like responsibility to sponsors, etc...and isn't Ken Black the owner of that car?) I gotta believe it would be a little more blatant. Not that it isn't possible, but I don't believe for a second that it's what happened here.

Is this a waste of breath (or typing, in this case?)
Aren't the same ones going to cry "DIVE" even if it is a 4.48 to a 4.50? Just wait 'til Pomona. Every team car that loses to another who's ahead in the points (which means superior, over the entire year to the mentally blind) will be blamed for diving regardless of the circumstances.
I believe there are some on here who are so obsessed with the concept of a team car losing to another team car by virtue of a dive that they would cry foul even if the lesser car took out the potential champion costing him the crown.
It's my opinion that one would have needed to play team sports to understand just how important the "team's" win is, I guess. Nintendo high scorers may not fully understand.

That is the dumbest thing I think I ever read on here. So I would have to worry about how I am going to feed my family if Doug had lost because she won huh? Well if you honestly think that then you have NO IDEA about how this team works. My husband goes out and busts his butt all weekend on Will's car and it isn't so they can take a dive if they come up against a teammate. There are a lot of things you don't know that happened yesterday and I would bet my life that there were no team orders. Plain and simple.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back