Kalitta cargo plane splits in half (1 Viewer)

nitrofishblue

Nitro Member
I just saw a piece on Fox News Network about a cargo plane splitting in half on take-off. I had my back turned to the TV when I heard the lady announcer mispronounce the name. When I did turn there in big letters was Kalitta. I can't recall the name of the airfield. Sure hope there weren't any cars on the plane.

I just saw a piece on Fox News Network about a cargo plane splitting in half on take-off. I had my back turned to the TV when I heard the lady announcer mispronounce the name. When I did turn there in big letters was Kalitta. I can't recall the name of the airfield. Sure hope there weren't any cars on the plane.

...or PEOPLE! Cars can be replaced....

A later report says that four of the five crew members were "slightly injured". No fire, it could have been far worse... The 747 was full of fuel for a trip from Brussels to Bahrain! :eek:

Likely next step: FAA gets in Connie's face with intense inspections on the rest of his fleet.

I guess that if your going to crash one of those BIG planes that was the best way. No fire very minor injury and no damage to the land area. It could have been much much worse.

Holy $hit, that could have ben real bad. Thankfully nobody was killed or seriously injured. That's an expensive incident for sure. :(

if they got off the ground that could have be another lockerbie scotland, less 400 passengers.

boy oh boy is that flight crew lucky!

-90% jimmy

Hope there were no department stores in the plane. :confused:

Yup, thankfully no one was seriously injured, the rest will be handled by the insurance companies.

Kalleeeeeta? lol

"D"

Provided he had "full coverage":p

There's plenty of them sitting out here in the desert, so he should not have much trouble replacing it.

Last edited:
so he should not have much trouble replacing it.

This thread really should be moved off the NHRA board. This is a huge blow for Connie's company. I hope nobody here has never been involved with any type of aircraft accident; no matter how big or small, commercial, military or civilian. During my previous tenure in the commercial airlines - I was, and I am here to tell you with all my heart....it's absolute hell on any level. I know right now and in the weeks to come he and his employees are going to go through a very tough time. If I may, my only peace with all this is, of course first and foremost that there were no serious injuries. But also, that this did not happen on a race weekend. Because it has happened before; I know Connie would be; and is, in absolute shambles - and all the great people on his race teams do not need to see him having to handle this kind of news at the race track, while doing what he loves.
This SUCKS, and tonight I pray for the old man and all the employees of Kalitta Air.

Last edited:
This thread really should be moved off the NHRA board. This is a huge blow for Connie's company. I hope nobody here has never been involved with any type of aircraft accident; no matter how big or small, commercial, military or civilian. During my previous tenure in the commercial airlines - I was, and I am here to tell you with all my heart....it's absolute hell on any level. I know right now and in the weeks to come he and his employees are going to go through a very tough time. If I may, my only peace with all this is, of course first and foremost that there were no serious injuries. But also, that this did not happen on a race weekend. Because it has happened before; I know Connie would be; and is, in absolute shambles - and all the great people on his race teams do not need to see him having to handle this kind of news at the race track, while doing what he loves.
This SUCKS, and tonight I pray for the old man and all the employees of Kalitta Air.

Very well said . I do hope he can put it behind him . Do not ever under estimate the old man . His shoulders are wider than the wing span of those planes . God bless the Kalitta clan .

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back