Justin Ashley Team Enjoys Productive Weekend in Vegas (1 Viewer)

Las Vegas - The Justin Ashley Racing - Davis Motorsports Top Fuel team had a good weekend at the NHRA Dodge Nationals Presented by Pennzoil. Even though Justin and his crew went out in eliminations sooner than they would have liked, the budding new team got five more runs on the car without destroying expensive parts, cured a problem and qualified for Sunday's eliminations.

Justin remained upbeat after the race. "It was a successful weekend. We fixed a blower belt problem, the team got more experience and I got some more seat time" Justin said.

Prior to the final qualifying round when it was do or die, the engine shredded the blower belt on each of the first three qualifying sessions causing the car to lose power at mid track. The team opted to replace the manifold which fixed the problem. On the final session, the Strutmasters.com dragster made it into the field in the 14th position with a stellar 3.78 at 322 MPH run.

In round one, Justin faced Dallas winner Billy Torrance. At the hit the car lost traction and immediately smoked the tires. Torrance was on a good run and Justin could only idle the car down the track after losing traction. "When we go to a race we expect to do well but we have to be realistic that we are competing against the best teams in the world. I have a lot of faith in Aaron Brooks, Jason Bunker and Dustin Davis that we will always run our best. Any day at the track is a good day and I look at it as a privilege to be racing.”

The team now moves on to Pomona, California for the NHRA Auto Club Nationals, November 14 -17 for the final race of the season.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back