JR Todd & Morgan Lucas Teammates Next Year (1 Viewer)

I don't know if this was done on purpose as a slip up, but check out the caption under the first picture...

NHRA News: Lucas, Todd enjoy thrill of a lifetime competing in Baja 1000 off-road race (11/21/2007)

The caption reads..."NHRA Top Fuel teammates Morgan Lucas, left, and J.R. Todd took on the grueling SCORE Baja 1000 off-road race in a Class 1 entry."

Was this announced and I just missed it?

What? That they were teammates or they raced Baja? Didn't get very far in either one of them. Old news.

Holy crap guys, I totally missed this.

Thanks for the link.

I read in the link where only 13 of 29 entries in their class completed the course, but I didn`t see where Lucas/Todd officially ended up at.
Good that the boys competed and all, but Forrest probably took a bath sponsoring `em on this deal.

I read in the link where only 13 of 29 entries in their class completed the course, but I didn`t see where Lucas/Todd officially ended up at.
Good that the boys competed and all, but Forrest probably took a bath sponsoring `em on this deal.

I don't know if anyone " took a bath sponsoring this deal ", but what I do know is... that this years 1000 was actually 1296 miles, ending in Cabo San Lucas instead of the traditional La Paz in celebration of the 40th anniversary of the event. The extra 296 miles for most teams meant an extra driver change...and what better way to pay back a loyal sponsor, than to ask his very qualified son, if he would like to take a leg in your car at this prestigous event. I spoke with Morgan and JR in line for tech during contingency day, and they were very excited about the opportunity to try something different. Unfortunately thier race ended early....only 50% of all entries finished. That's Baja. We were lucky enough to be one of them....in our first attempt at this event, and I can tell you it is one of the most amazing things I have ever done. Regardless of where you finish, the feeling you get when you cross that stripe is unbelievable. I hope they keep comin' back till they get there. Scoots

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back