John Force Racing confirmed for 2021 (1 Viewer)

Luke Nieuwhof

Nitro Member
JOHN FORCE RACING TO MAKE NHRA CAMPING WORLD SERIES DEBUT​

YORBA LINDA, Calif. (Feb. 16, 2021) – The John Force Racing team will make their much-anticipated return to NHRA Championship Drag Racing at the 2021 Camping World Series season-opening NHRA Gatornationals at Gainesville Raceway in Gainesville, Fla. It was announced today that the 21-time championship team will feature three full-time hot rods driven by John Force, Robert Hight and Brittany Force.

On 16-time world champion John Force’s PEAK / BlueDEF Chevrolet Camaro SS Funny Car, Danny Hood, son-in-law to John Force, will continue as lead crew chief with Tim Fabrisi, long-time car chief for Force, moving up to assistant. Both were key players in John’s historic 150th and 151st national event wins.

“Thank you to all of our sponsors and fans for sticking by us. I really realized how much I love this sport and I appreciate the chance to get back into my PEAK / BlueDEF Chevrolet,” said owner and CEO John Force. “We’re excited to be back racing and to have all of our sponsors with us. I’m looking forward to working with Camping World and can’t wait to see where the sport goes with them on board.”

President of John Force Racing and three-time Funny Car world champion Robert Hight will continue to drive the Auto Club of Southern California Chevrolet Camaro SS with his tandem of crew chiefs Jimmy Prock and Chris Cunningham.

“I’m really looking forward to getting back to going rounds and winning races with this Auto Club team,” said Hight. “I know Jimmy [Prock] and Chris [Cunningham] and all our Auto Club guys are excited and ready to get going. I’m happy to be continuing John Force Racing’s over 20-year partnership with AAA and ultimately going after another championship.”

Crew chiefs David Grubnic and Mac Savage will continue to tune 2017 Top Fuel world champion Brittany Force’s Monster Energy / Flav-R-Pac dragster. The two sponsors will split the season as primary partners on the national record holding dragster.

“I can’t wait to get back to the racetrack with my Monster Energy / Flav-R-Pac team,” said Brittany Force. “We’ll be chasing down our first win of the season right out of the gate. This year I’m really looking forward to racing in Seattle with Frank Tiegs and Flav-R-Pac as the title sponsor.”

In addition to PEAK / BlueDEF, Auto Club, Monster Energy and Flav-R-Pac, John Force Racing brings back its full roster of sponsors including Chevrolet, Cornwell Tools, Montana Brand, ParkerStore, Baldwin Filters, Gates Belts, Weld Racing, Simpson Race Products and Goodyear.

John Force Racing will prepare for the 2021 NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series opening race at PRO Winter Warm-Up March 5-7 at Palm Beach International Raceway. Limited tickets are available for the test session at racepbir.com. Tickets for the Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals March 12-14 are on sale at nhra.com.​

That's real good news. Interesting that Montana Brands is still listed as an associate sponsor, but evidently has not renewed as the primary sponsor for Prock, since he his parked for now.

That's really good news news for everyone in the sport, the sponsors, the fans, the NHRA and most importantly Camping World. The PRO testing down here at PBIR is shaping up to be quite a nitro show.

An official statement from Austin Prock.

Attachments

• 93255CC4-FF01-4E0A-8DCD-E71C7005B58E.jpeg
    93255CC4-FF01-4E0A-8DCD-E71C7005B58E.jpeg
    473.1 KB · Views: 558
Sam, going by past PRO tests at PBIR I'd suggest that you go on Saturday, most of the teams service the car and pack up on Sunday for the trip to Gainesville. Plus NHRA is allowing Pro teams to test at Gainesville on Tuesday & Wednesday so they can get some laps on the track that they'll be racing on so I imagine that everybody will take advantage of that.

Sam, going by past PRO tests at PBIR I'd suggest that you go on Saturday, most of the teams service the car and pack up on Sunday for the trip to Gainesville. Plus NHRA is allowing Pro teams to test at Gainesville on Tuesday & Wednesday so they can get some laps on the track that they'll be racing on so I imagine that everybody will take advantage of that.

I already took a lot of days off from my job to go on Sunday and the Gators. Need to save the rest for other things during the rest of the year.

An official statement from Austin Prock.

I just hate that. It was great having Prock, Vandergriff and Ashley in Top Fuel. It put some youth back in the class. Now, due to loss of sponsorship, only Ashley is left standing. A shame.

I just hate that. It was great having Prock, Vandergriff and Ashley in Top Fuel. It put some youth back in the class. Now, due to loss of sponsorship, only Ashley is left standing. A shame.
Is Vandergriff parked? Certainly, Bob has been good and innovative at putting things together.
I suspect Austin will be back -shame without JFR

Wonder why no one at JFR mentioned that Austin is still working at JFR. According to the WFO podcast I saw today he's going to work with his dad on Robert Hights car.

Is Vandergriff parked? Certainly, Bob has been good and innovative at putting things together.
I suspect Austin will be back -shame without JFR

D-A oil pulled out of their contract before the sponsorship was finished. Jordan hasn't run since. Hopefully both him and Prock will get new deals and get back onto the track.
I just saw that Prock is working on Height's car with his dad for now.

JOHN FORCE RACING TO MAKE NHRA CAMPING WORLD SERIES DEBUT​

YORBA LINDA, Calif. (Feb. 16, 2021) – The John Force Racing team will make their much-anticipated return to NHRA Championship Drag Racing at the 2021 Camping World Series season-opening NHRA Gatornationals at Gainesville Raceway in Gainesville, Fla. It was announced today that the 21-time championship team will feature three full-time hot rods driven by John Force, Robert Hight and Brittany Force.

On 16-time world champion John Force’s PEAK / BlueDEF Chevrolet Camaro SS Funny Car, Danny Hood, son-in-law to John Force, will continue as lead crew chief with Tim Fabrisi, long-time car chief for Force, moving up to assistant. Both were key players in John’s historic 150th and 151st national event wins.

“Thank you to all of our sponsors and fans for sticking by us. I really realized how much I love this sport and I appreciate the chance to get back into my PEAK / BlueDEF Chevrolet,” said owner and CEO John Force. “We’re excited to be back racing and to have all of our sponsors with us. I’m looking forward to working with Camping World and can’t wait to see where the sport goes with them on board.”

President of John Force Racing and three-time Funny Car world champion Robert Hight will continue to drive the Auto Club of Southern California Chevrolet Camaro SS with his tandem of crew chiefs Jimmy Prock and Chris Cunningham.

“I’m really looking forward to getting back to going rounds and winning races with this Auto Club team,” said Hight. “I know Jimmy [Prock] and Chris [Cunningham] and all our Auto Club guys are excited and ready to get going. I’m happy to be continuing John Force Racing’s over 20-year partnership with AAA and ultimately going after another championship.”

Crew chiefs David Grubnic and Mac Savage will continue to tune 2017 Top Fuel world champion Brittany Force’s Monster Energy / Flav-R-Pac dragster. The two sponsors will split the season as primary partners on the national record holding dragster.

“I can’t wait to get back to the racetrack with my Monster Energy / Flav-R-Pac team,” said Brittany Force. “We’ll be chasing down our first win of the season right out of the gate. This year I’m really looking forward to racing in Seattle with Frank Tiegs and Flav-R-Pac as the title sponsor.”

In addition to PEAK / BlueDEF, Auto Club, Monster Energy and Flav-R-Pac, John Force Racing brings back its full roster of sponsors including Chevrolet, Cornwell Tools, Montana Brand, ParkerStore, Baldwin Filters, Gates Belts, Weld Racing, Simpson Race Products and Goodyear.

John Force Racing will prepare for the 2021 NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series opening race at PRO Winter Warm-Up March 5-7 at Palm Beach International Raceway. Limited tickets are available for the test session at racepbir.com. Tickets for the Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals March 12-14 are on sale at nhra.com.​

the title of that link is only one letter away from meaning something completely different. i admire the heck out of john force, but at some point he should quite talking about how the
sport needs young people yet he continues to drive..........replace a 'D' with an 'L' in the first word of the autoweek article title.

the title of that link is only one letter away from meaning something completely different. i admire the heck out of john force, but at some point he should quite talking about how the
sport needs young people yet he continues to drive..........replace a 'D' with an 'L' in the first word of the autoweek article title.
The sport does need young people driving and working on the cars, and no one has embraced that more then John Force. But certain sponsors want John in the car and it's their money so John has to give them what they want if he is going to seal a deal for their sponsorship money. I'm sure he has people working around the clock trying to secure more money for another car for Austin. Hopefully after this pandemic is under control and some of these companies start rebounding Austin's dream will continue on as it was before the pandemic.

Last edited:
Look at how many young guys and girls Force has given driving opportunities to over the years - Pedregon, Hight, Medlen, A Force, C Force, B Force and Prock. I don’t think you can argue he has done a lot to bring youth in where he can.
But he is also the GOAT, and sponsors like that. I hope when he does hang up the helmet he has a sponsor willing to keep going with another young name. I think Stevie Jackson would be a neat successor in terms of fan appeal!

Stevie would be an excellent choice, and we know he'd love to get into a fuel car. But Force may want to promote within, and maybe that's where Austin Prock comes back. Also, I think Jonnie Lindberg would be a great consideration. I would do it, but I'm not sure what the cutoff is to be considered a young gun...😄

I noticed when looking at some images with this release that Force is now partnered with Cornwell Tools and Baldwin Filters. Shows how much I've paid attention recently as apparently both of those happened prior to the 2019 season. But anyway, that was just another reminder to me how much things have changed with Force. As someone who came of age in the 90s, I associated Force almost as much with Fram/Autolite and Mac tools (though he was with Craftsman for a while in the early 90s) as I did with Castrol. It's a little jarring to see none of them there anymore.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back