Jim Car's Head? (1 Viewer)

Notch1320

BerserkoBob
Nitro Member
Did anyone catch Tony Pedregon stumble on his words last night during qualifying when he said - and I quote - "Jim Car's Head"? I re-wound it on my DVR a couple of times to make sure I wasn't hearing things.

I watch NHRA TV on the dark web but I like to watch the TV production to see what they present to the general public. The thing that amazed me is that TP didn't correct himself when it happened.

Tony Shumacher doing the guest analyst spot on last week's 4 wide broadcast shows that if he cannot find a ride he would be a good candidate for the job. ESPN found out with Jason Witten that just because you're a former participant in the sport you're commenting on doesn't mean you'll be good at it (Maybe that's why he un-retired). Same with T.Ped.

Brian Lohnes amazes me with how quick he is with his wit. Definitely the best announced that NHRA has had since McClellan and Evans.

What no one has mentioned is how much better Tony is working with Brian Lohnes.
Light years ahead of where he started.
You guys that slam Tony, have you caught how many times Lohnes has mis-spoke?
No disrespect Brian. You are good, but you are human... ~:)~

the fact that Tony messes up a lot is the reason people are always bringing it up. as I've said in the past - Tony was a great racer but he is not a natural announcer. he sure knows what he's talking about but he trips on his words a lot. how much you care about that is your own business....

Brian Lohnes amazes me with how quick he is with his wit. Definitely the best announced that NHRA has had since McClellan and Evans.
Lohnes aint god. Lets not forget he has screwed up as well, more than a few times. All you people care about is bashing TP. Lets see you get in the booth! Nobody better than Steve and Dave!

We’re not comparing apples to apples here, McClelland & Evans were taped and could easily be edited or voiced over. Today’s teams are basically doing it live-ish, without time for a do-over

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back