JFNHRA (1 Viewer)

Ssfuel

Nitro Member
That’s what name of NHRA should be changed to. Unless a funny car now has 1 rear tire instead of two, in the middle of the car, his tire crossed the line and should have been DQ’d, but I’m sure it was easier to say no then deal with an angry John for them enforcing the rules.

I suppose he who has the gold enforces the rules.

Had that line been a wall, he would have hit it.
I couldn’t get over how far over the line his headers were.
But, the result was not surprising.

Exactly. It’s really difficult to take this seriously anymore. Wonder if that fine and infraction force got not long ago was just a smoke screen, “see we got him”.

I only know this is the biggest race of year because all 13 drivers read the same line, biggest race or the year. I remember it actually feeling on edge, but that anticipation is gone.
Not sure if it’s lack of competitive car count (let’s be real, most of the second half of the fields, 10-16 say, are part timers , whose real only chance at a round win is DQ or mechanical failure of opposed lane). Fact that the countdown will feature guys who only race selective races, makes it hard to live up to the name “professional category”. There are some sportsman who attend more nationals than some top fuel “pros”.

I would've bet money he went over the line.
You can see it with your own eyes. The reaction from broadcast said it all. And it felt like they “investigating” was geared to how do we justify not DQing the guy who owns and fields 25 percent of the competitive cars at the show. Like let’s stall more and maybe some will forget and the image will be futher back in memory. Surprised they didn’t say well we found no oil or engine shrapnel in that lane so he didn’t cross over .

Sometimes "everything" is NOT a conspiracy! If they took the time to stop the racing to walk out and see the black mark and it did not show it went over the white stripe the existing rule is still the rule. It is a lot easier to see the mark when you are standing directly over it than from a camera angle 1/8th of a mile away through a TV who knows how many miles away.

That centerline rule has never made any sense to me...you so much as tick the outer wall, you're DQ. Should be the same on the inside - you touch the line = DQ. John's fortunate.

Never understood why it wasn’t “touch” the line rather than go over it. Tracks have different centerline strips so possibly NHRA having dual white stripes further apart at Indy is their reasoning. Erasing half the stripe is legal then. How do they do it when it’s a front tire?

NHRA notified drivers of a rule change regarding centerline crossing and/or the striking of timing blocks. In addition to the current centerline policy of disqualifying runs/times, additional penalties will be imposed on drivers crossing the centerline or striking the timing blocks during any qualifying or elimination round.

The following penalties apply to all drivers in every NHRA category contested at each NHRA national event:

First Violation of the season will result in:
• Loss of five (5) NHRA series points.

Second Violation of the season will result in:
• Loss of ten (10) NHRA series points.

All Subsequent Violations of the season will result in:
• Loss of fifteen (15) NHRA series points per violation.

Crossing the centerline and/or striking timing blocks is a serious safety concern and causes delays in racing due to cleanup time required for such incidents.

This policy encompasses the distance from the starting line to the quarter-mile finish line at 1,320 feet. Top Fuel and Funny Car drivers crossing the centerline after the 1,000-foot finish line but before the 1,320-foot finish line WILL be subject to the points penalty. However, they will not be subject to the standard disqualification / loss of elapsed time policy for this specific violation.

In the case of an oil-down plus a centerline / timing block violation in the same run, the oil-down points policy (and DQ of the run) will apply. It will not result in a double points penalty.

Crossing the centerline on a burnout is not considered a violation.

As I read the rule, you have to have proof (tire marks) that the car crossed the centerline....not just touching the stripe...and after the 1000ft mark doesn't disqualify you

the center-line should b a single solid line down the middle of the track the same width as the blocks
if a car crosses the line from their side of the track that should be considered crossing the center-line
and the car dqed from the race... but instead they have 2 lines going down the track and too many reasons
as to what is crossed or not crossed . if u hit a block ur dqed if u cross ur line and ur header is hanging out
in the other lane past the second line that's ok .. its a different outcome in some ways vs others how is that
the sensible rule when u can have one line one rule done.. does that make too much sense or something ?
anybody that watches that run will say he crossed ..except NHRA the black mark doesn't always show up
when ur off the gas either but it is what it is right 😏 this is only my opinion

A lot of short memories around this place. It wasn't 6 weeks ago the NHRA fined Force $10K for parts modifications. I don't think that would happen in the JFNHRA.

I don't know what they showed on TV, but I was actually at the track today, and the officials walked out onto the track to verify, and took a few minutes to uphold Force's run.

Geez....you all sound like a bunch of crybabies. The guy lost the next round anyways....let it go. I'm sorry but fielding 3 out of 32 cars is not 25%. I'm not great at math but I'm sure that's incorrect
Context is everything. I said 25 percent of the competitive cars. Ones that actually have a chance win

A lot of short memories around this place. It wasn't 6 weeks ago the NHRA fined Force $10K for parts modifications. I don't think that would happen in the JFNHRA.

I don't know what they showed on TV, but I was actually at the track today, and the officials walked out onto the track to verify, and took a few minutes to uphold Force's run.
Right like I said, they will slap him with something to make it look like he’s not above the law. Kinda like a politician whose in a hit and run and cop legs him off with a seatbelt ticket, “see even he gets tickets”.

10k to force is like 5 bucks for many here you go. A dq at Indy is a song and dance they don’t wanna see and competition they don’t want to lose

You be the judge.

forcee1.jpg

How is this Force’s fault? IF the many NHRA officials on track lied about it, it will come out. They made the call and the rules were set by NHRA, not Force. The issue is really rule based as a car fully in its lane can knock a red block off by the tip of a header but a sideways F/C can have the whole a$$ end of the car over the line but IF just the tire track doesn’t FULLY cross the line it’s a legal pass. Not a well written rule but I sure couldn’t fix it. Too bad so many blame Force and it wasn’t his decision. Doubt he would have complained had it gone the other way.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back