Jeg Coughlin (1 Viewer)

Super Mod

Nitro Member
CONGRATS TO JEGGIE. He is the disputed best LIVING door slammer driver ever!!

Last edited:
CONGRATS TO JEGGIE. He is undisputed best door slammer driver ever!!

First up I like Jeg! But best door slammer driver ever? You have to be kidding me right? You'll be excused if you just got into Drag Racing in the last few years and didn't look up the history!

A BIG congratulations to Jeg and the entire Cagnazzi team. Way to go!!!

Dont know about the best ever but one of them for sure and man what a nice guy !!! And man anyone other than GA .Maybe he got a piece of his curtins left in the car .Thats what he gets good riddens !

First up I like Jeg! But best door slammer driver ever? You have to be kidding me right? You'll be excused if you just got into Drag Racing in the last few years and didn't look up the history!

No kidding. That statement can be debated to no end. I don't know that I would go that far. That type of statement maybe can be made in the next decade.

Lee, Herb, Ronnie, Butch, Dyno, Grumpy, were all chopped liver????

Amen Karl! I'll put Herb and Ronnie up against anyone. Those guys handled cars that weren't predictable and actually used a clutch for every shift and used an old-fashioned 4-speed pattern.

I love Jeggie as much as anyone, but I'll bet he'll tell you he's no Ronnie Sox or Herb McCandless! I vote for the Sox & Martin boys.

Sorry, maybe I got carried away with the moment. Therefore I edited.

Jack, you changing your post to best LIVING door slammer ever still does not hold WATER. Are you forgetting that BOB GLIDDEN is still ALIVE!!?? And if memory serves me correct, he was the crew chief or assisting on Justin Humphries Pro Stocker that went to the Finals against Jeggie last night at Pomona. Look up the history of Pro Stock and you'll see the word DOMINATION and BOB GLIDDEN were synonymous for oh, about 10-20 years. Jeggie has quite a few more years to enter into BG's territory. Greg Anderson was and still is heading there, but Jeggie is coming up.

Jack, you changing your post to best LIVING door slammer ever still does not hold WATER. Are you forgetting that BOB GLIDDEN is still ALIVE!!?? And if memory serves me correct, he was the crew chief or assisting on Justin Humphries Pro Stocker that went to the Finals against Jeggie last night at Pomona. Look up the history of Pro Stock and you'll see the word DOMINATION and BOB GLIDDEN were synonymous for oh, about 10-20 years. Jeggie has quite a few more years to enter into BG's territory. Greg Anderson was and still is heading there, but Jeggie is coming up.

ANd hidden nitrous huh :D

Big congrats to Jeg Coughlin and the entire team. I had a great time interviewing Jeg and his chef Nicky Morse this summer for my preview of the Seattle race. I was fortunate to spend some time with both during the event (thanks to the rain ... lol) and I gotta say it's one of the best experiences I've had working with a driver (aside from Capps).

It's great to see a good guy win. See, nice guys don't always finish last. :D

Too awesome, win the title, win the event. Congratulations!

Congrats to Jeg! It was truly awesome to see him win another Championship!

DLB

It would be interesting to see where Jeg's average RT's stacks up to some of the legends. Also, I don't think anyone has competed in as many door slammer categories as Jeg. My original post did not say Pro Stock ,but door slammer.Only time will tell where drag racing history places him. I know there are many Pro Stock drivers that have won more championships than Jeg. I was only considering cutting consistently great lights and ability to jump from one type of racing category to another.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back