J.R. Todd Races to Reading Quarterfinals (1 Viewer)

J.R. Todd, DHL Funny Car

Finals Broadcast Replay:
11 p.m.-1 a.m. Monday, Sept. 16, 2024 on FS1

Qualifying: J.R. Todd was the No. 11 qualifier at the Pep Boys NHRA Nationals. His best qualifying attempt came in the final session Saturday afternoon when he made a 3.973-second run at 325.61 mph.

Eliminations: Todd defeated Matt Hagan in the first round when he left the starting line before the four-time Funny Car champion and won the round despite Hagan having the quicker elapsed time. It was Todd’s fourth “hole-shot” win of the season. He advanced to the second round and made another strong run but lost to Jack Beckman, 3.917 to 3.947 seconds.

Unofficial Point Standings: Todd leaves Reading in fourth place in the NHRA Mission Foods Drag Racing Series point standings. He trails third-place Jack Beckman, who is racing for John Force, by 28 points and leads fifth-place Matt Hagan by 10 points with five races remaining in the season.

Todd on Reading: “We stole one in the first round – I don’t know how we got away with that. I got one on the starting line, and then it quit before the finish line – it had some holes out on the left side, knocked the (blower) belt off and got the fire bottles so we had a mess to clean up. My DHL guys are some of the best out here. They work hard; they don’t (complain) and moan; they do whatever it takes to get it done.

“You hate racing Matt (Hagan) and those guys first round; they’re our buddies out here, and we want to see each other do well, but it’s go-time in the Countdown. We were lucky to get by first round, and then we got another tough draw in the second round with (Jack) Beckman in (John) Force’s car; that thing’s been running strong all year. We were happy to have some DHL guests with us today and appreciate them being here to support our DHL Toyota GR Supra – wish we could have gone a little further for them.”

The post J.R. Todd Races to Reading Quarterfinals first appeared on Team Kalitta Motorsports.

Continue reading...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back