Issues buying Winternationals tickets from overseas (1 Viewer)

PiPPi

Nitro Member
We're having issues buying tickets on-line from here in Sweden now. The link from NHRA.com does not load. When contacting NHRA we get sort of a runaround, not anything on what the problem is and are asked to buy ticket from them by e-mail which is a hassle.

Maybe it's due to some sort of "country blockage" or something. Can someone here who's based in the US try this link and get back on if it loads OK or not?

This is the link from NHRA.com, http://ev3.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomm...1&linkID=nhra&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode

We're having issues buying tickets on-line from here in Sweden now. The link from NHRA.com does not load. When contacting NHRA we get sort of a runaround, not anything on what the problem is and are asked to buy ticket from them by e-mail which is a hassle.

Maybe it's due to some sort of "country blockage" or something. Can someone here who's based in the US try this link and get back on if it loads OK or not?

This is the link from NHRA.com, http://ev3.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomm...1&linkID=nhra&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode
It loads from here. I suppose there could be some kind of filter that is blocking you, but I don't know why it would be in place.

It loads from here. I suppose there could be some kind of filter that is blocking you, but I don't know why it would be in place.

Many thanks for your reply.

So we pushed NHRA a little harder and got this reply some 12 hours ago:
"I have talked to my supervisor and he said that the website will not work, or rarely works, for people outside of North America unfortunately. The IT department has been working on expanding our capability, but it seems like they are not quite ready for online international buyers yet."

I'm at a lack for words.

Hi Pippi,
When I booked online for 2014 Winternationals, it worked perfectly -- picked my seat off the online plan, completed the transaction without any problem.

When I came to book for this year's Gatornationals, NHRA had changed to a new ticketing system. Tried again and again but could not pick a seat off the online plan. Eventually had to give up and phone -- the ticket agent was very pleasant and helpful, but that's not the point.

Can't imagine why they needed to change from a system that worked perfectly to one that doesn't. I guess it's called "progress".

Hello Robin, same here. I've been very fortunate to be part of Euro race teams the last couple of years when going to Gainesville so on-line ordering has not been an issue. But went across with my son to Englishtown all the way back in 2010 and at that time, the NHRA-linked on-line ticketing system worked like a charm. Fast access, informative, easy payments etc. and was in all a part that made the whole trip easier and more enjoyable.

Agree with your assesment. To put it mildly, it's a "surprising" development.

I thought I heard something about "not wanting them Swedes coming over here and cluttering up our drag strips"

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back