Is Jim Dunn ever happy? (1 Viewer)

Is Jim Dunn ever happy about anything? All I ever hear from him for years is bitching and whining about everything. I am sick of the "the guys with all the money" crap. Here's a thought, FIND A BETTER SPONSOR who will give you the $$$ you need to compete and quit your bitching or maybe hire someone better to help.

Torco Racing Fuel's Competition Plus.com - Drag Racing's Internet Magazine - NHRA FC TEAM REACT TO NEW RULE
Maybe Justin should get his own nitro funny car and show Big Jim how it's done.

Maybe Justin should get his own nitro funny car and show Big Jim how it's done.

Tony, thats not what I am saying. Big Jim has already forgotten more about racing than I will probably ever know. It just seems that everytime he says something or they talk to him all he does is complain about the "big highly funded teams." I understand that those kinda deals arent out there every where, but instead of complaining forever why dont you go look for a better deal. I just get sick of everyone complaining about it all the time.

You have no right to be pissed at Force, Bernstein, Capps, Scelzi, Schumacher, etc b/c they are able to get and keep big money $$$ sponsors. Get off your ass and find one for yourself. I understand that they are at disadvantage's sometimes, but its like every time a rule is changed, something is mandated, or just anything they all start bitching about the little guy. It takes money to race these days. This aint 1970 anymore, so get over it. I didnt say its better, but thats the way it is and its not going back anytime soon.

Fact of the matter, there's always going to be someone who has more money than you unless your Bill Gates and even one day he wont be at the top. Its just the way it is. If they want an even playing field where money dont matter, then maybe they should start bracket racing.

C'mon - Big Jim Dunn has to be one of the most UN-approachable personalties in the Pro pits. Would YOU use him to sell your product?

He's part of the history of the sport but he's not the guy who's going to sell Wheaties or Jiffy Peanut butter or.....

Thankfully, Mike got some Q-Factor elsewhere. Mom?

Tony, thats not what I am saying. Big Jim has already forgotten more about racing than I will probably ever know. It just seems that everytime he says something or they talk to him all he does is complain about the "big highly funded teams." I understand that those kinda deals arent out there every where, but instead of complaining forever why dont you go look for a better deal. I just get sick of everyone complaining about it all the time.

You have no right to be pissed at Force, Bernstein, Capps, Scelzi, Schumacher, etc b/c they are able to get and keep big money $$$ sponsors. Get off your ass and find one for yourself. I understand that they are at disadvantage's sometimes, but its like every time a rule is changed, something is mandated, or just anything they all start bitching about the little guy. It takes money to race these days. This aint 1970 anymore, so get over it. I didnt say its better, but thats the way it is and its not going back anytime soon.

Fact of the matter, there's always going to be someone who has more money than you unless your Bill Gates and even one day he wont be at the top. Its just the way it is. If they want an even playing field where money dont matter, then maybe they should start bracket racing.

In my opinion bracket racing is the best racing in the world. When I go to a national meet, I go to watch the hometown locals and all the tight finishes and thousandths of seconds breakouts and dead on dials. I really dont watch the fuel cars because, half of them dont get down the track, and then most of the bikes go red. The only pro class i like is pro stock, and the bracket cars!

In my opinion bracket racing is the best racing in the world. When I go to a national meet, I go to watch the hometown locals and all the tight finishes and thousandths of seconds breakouts and dead on dials. I really dont watch the fuel cars because, half of them dont get down the track, and then most of the bikes go red. The only pro class i like is pro stock, and the bracket cars!

Ahaa!!! You're one of the ten people left in the stands watching all the cherry pickers using electronics to do their driving for them. Real racing that is.

C'mon - Big Jim Dunn has to be one of the most UN-approachable personalties in the Pro pits. Would YOU use him to sell your product?

He's part of the history of the sport but he's not the guy who's going to sell Wheaties or Jiffy Peanut butter or.....

Thankfully, Mike got some Q-Factor elsewhere. Mom?

Funny, he was nice to my dad and I whenever we talk to him... :rolleyes:

Big Jim was way cool to me at Sonoma last year.
I am just some schmuck who he doesn't know, I walked up and he chatted with me about engine stuff.:cool:

BTW, Justin, didn't your guy just last weekend take a few minutes of national television to go off on a rant? He's grumpy a lot too.

Ahaa!!! You're one of the ten people left in the stands watching all the cherry pickers using electronics to do their driving for them. Real racing that is.

That's ok if you want to call them cherry pickers or saying that it is not real racing. But I'll put it to you like this. Without them "cherry pickers" there wouldn't be any pros out on the track. Because us "cherry pickers" raise all the money for the NHRA and rip us off all the time so, that ya'll can watch the pros.

Big Jim was way cool to me at Sonoma last year.
I am just some schmuck who he doesn't know, I walked up and he chatted with me about engine stuff.:cool:

BTW, Justin, didn't your guy just last weekend take a few minutes of national television to go off on a rant? He's grumpy a lot too.

Paul, there is no comparison between Jim and John. Totally different people and attitudes. I know John aint perfect, never said he was but I will say this, he's taking only winning one round this year better than I would.

Big Jim unapproachable? He has always been really nice whenever I have approached him.

csk022507042.jpg

That's ok if you want to call them cherry pickers or saying that it is not real racing. But I'll put it to you like this. Without them "cherry pickers" there wouldn't be any pros out on the track. Because us "cherry pickers" raise all the money for the NHRA and rip us off all the time so, that ya'll can watch the pros.

to me bracket racing is like golf......a lot of fun to do, but horrible to watch

Depends on the braket racing. If the only piece of electronics is a line-loc, then it's cool. I don't like all the electronic "drive for me" crap though.

to me bracket racing is like golf......a lot of fun to do, but horrible to watch

I think you hit the nail dead on the head! I bracket raced for over 20 years and enjoyed every minute of it. Now that I am a spectator, however, watching bracket racing is simply boring. Doesn't mean I dislike bracket racing, it just isn't a spectator sport for me!

Big Jim unapproachable? He has always been really nice whenever I have approached him.

csk022507042.jpg
I will say this... Before you judge a seamingly grumpy old man for his words or attitude, get to REALLY know those guys... Under that take no sh*t, tell it like it is, and behind all that yelling and a$$ chewing, usually beats a heart of gold... It's very simple, do what your told, when your told, and stay the F out of the way the rest of the time... You just may learn something, or more than you could ever imagine...

Big Jim is one of those guys...
You really think a few others out there are not the same??

Big Jim could have walked away from this a very long time ago... Why do you think he stays and plays?? Don't you get it?? There's nothing else like this... I say if we lose guys like BJ, Conrad, and a few others, it is OUR loss...

Cody, don't worry about William's comment... He doesn't know where you come from... :) I do... :cool: K?? :D

I will say this... Before you judge a seamingly grumpy old man for his words or attitude, get to REALLY know those guys... Under that take no sh*t, tell it like it is, and behind all that yelling and a$$ chewing, usually beats a heart of gold... It's very simple, do what your told, when your told, and stay the F out of the way the rest of the time... You just may learn something, or more than you could ever imagine...

Big Jim is one of those guys...
You really think a few others out there are not the same??

Big Jim could have walked away from this a very long time ago... Why do you think he stays and plays?? Don't you get it?? There's nothing else like this... I say if we lose guys like BJ, Conrad, and a few others, it is OUR loss...

Cody, don't worry about William's comment... He doesn't know where you come from... :) I do... :cool: K?? :D

K Ray,
I'm glad somebody appreciates good drag racing other than me!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back