Is anyone going to the IN N OUT Burger/Hot Rod Magazine... (1 Viewer)

Randy

Nitro Member
...70th birthday party at the Fairplex in Pomona? It's the Saturday after the NHRA Finals. They are looking for cars that were featured over the decades in Hot Rod Magazine to display along with a massive car show. The track will be open for those who entered to run and there is a 250 mph speed limit. Run positions are sold out. Should be a lot of fun. I would imagine NHRA had something to do with setting this up.

Here's the information.

https://www.hotrod.com/events/n-hot-rod-70th-anniversary-celebration/

Randy,

We're signed up with our '57 Chevy as well as several others within the A/Gas class that live in So Cal. Word on Facebook there are a couple of AA/FA that are signed up too. I understand there is no pitting on Friday and we'll have to show up early Saturday morning to get in.

15873413_1272084756187946_1057559501607540562_n.jpg

I'll be calling the action at this one!

I texted Alan yesterday asking if he was going to be announcing and he said no. He told me he has a car that was once featured in Hot Rod Magazine so I told him to get it entered.

I entered back in April and hope to be debuting my new (new to me, anyway) Top Sportsman car (I hope). I have a lot of work to do on it but not much free time to do it. At least it's the same color my TA/FC was. And it'll be a whole lot less work. I need a new vinyl guy because my name isn't JR Carr. Tim Seiger at Ultimate Design is MIA any more so I gave up on him.

Smaller.jpg

Randy,

We're signed up with our '57 Chevy as well as several others within the A/Gas class that live in So Cal. Word on Facebook there are a couple of AA/FA that are signed up too. I understand there is no pitting on Friday and we'll have to show up early Saturday morning to get in.

View attachment 4728

Maybe we can match race! Color matched, anyway. Nice!

Randy, You do know that the body doesn't lift up?
You have to enter it like your daily driver. LOL good luck and have fun.
PS how about a synopsis of how your outing goes?

I texted Alan yesterday asking if he was going to be announcing and he said no. He told me he has a car that was once featured in Hot Rod Magazine so I told him to get it entered.

I entered back in April and hope to be debuting my new (new to me, anyway) Top Sportsman car (I hope). I have a lot of work to do on it but not much free time to do it. At least it's the same color my TA/FC was. And it'll be a whole lot less work. I need a new vinyl guy because my name isn't JR Carr. Tim Seiger at Ultimate Design is MIA any more so I gave up on him.

View attachment 4730
When do you think you will start?

How much of a head start you going to give us? :eek:

We may uncork the little 383, but i don't think we'd give you much of a race. Still it would be fun.

View attachment 4730

The issue would be how to get there with the car. If I come home after the Finals and drive back that would be a pain. But if I drive to Vegas-Vegas-Pomona then I would have to take the truck and trailer and haul the thing around for a month.

Still working on it,
Alan

The issue would be how to get there with the car. If I come home after the Finals and drive back that would be a pain. But if I drive to Vegas-Vegas-Pomona then I would have to take the truck and trailer and haul the thing around for a month.

Still working on it,
Alan

I just sent you a text.

Don't look for any Chip Rumis or Phil Unruh et's yet. I'm putting a B&J 3 speed in it with a Quick Drive for future HP, but for now I'm going to run my little 601 ci naturally aspirated super gas engine. We have health issues here at home that are keeping me at the oncologist's office and infusion centers unfortunately, so whenever my better half is having an ok day I can sneak out to work on it for an hour or two at a time. :( I'm hoping the IN N OUT date will work.

Not to derail this, but Randy, sure hope everything is going to be ok. Never like to hear of anyone spending time at any medical facility.

Randy,

The only thing that may prevent us from going is if the ANRA runs their make up race that weekend like it was last year. Their race in June was postponed due to excessive heat in Bakersfield. Otherwise, if your not ready in time, you're more than welcome to hang out with us. We'll have plenty of Pepsi cans in the cooler.

Take care of the important things first. There will plenty of times to race a car in the future.

Not to derail this, but Randy, sure hope everything is going to be ok. Never like to hear of anyone spending time at any medical facility.

Thank you, Jim. So far she's blown through everyone's expectations. 3.5 years ago they gave her 6 months, yet here we are. Last October when they sent her to UCLA they told me I should be making final arrangements. 3 months ago they said "She has about 2 weeks to 2 months." I've stopped listening to them. Our cancer support group at church told me I would do well to find a hobby to take my mind off it when the day comes. It didn't take me but a few seconds to figure out what that might be. She agreed, and actually bought me another trailer since I sold my T&E a few years ago. Then she encouraged me to find a race car I might enjoy. While this is a great distraction she is still my number one priority as long as I still have her. Everything else is number 15 and below.

Randy, I can't imagine how the two of you are dealing with it so well. I've spent my share of time in hospital waiting rooms with my wife's complications over the years and know it's no fun at all. I always wondered if it would kill the hospitals to put drag racing magazines in the waiting rooms since not everyone reads 2 year old issues of Golf Digest or RV Life. My prayers go out to you both.

Randy, I can't imagine how the two of you are dealing with it so well. I've spent my share of time in hospital waiting rooms with my wife's complications over the years and know it's no fun at all. I always wondered if it would kill the hospitals to put drag racing magazines in the waiting rooms since not everyone reads 2 year old issues of Golf Digest or RV Life. My prayers go out to you both.

Thank you, Jim. Now we have cell phones with internet access so we can keep up with Nitromater during chemo. :)

Well for those of you didn't know, In-n-Out was in the news last week...

Unfortunately, the ANRA has rescheduled their make up race the same weekend as this event. So it looks like we're going to bow out as we're in the hunt for a "Bobblehead Butchy." If anyone is interested in taking our entry, please let me know.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back