Interesting tech read -- nitro rings and bearings (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

Wow,
I could dispute most of the ring article.

I can honestly say that top teams are not replacing rings every pass. We have developed rings that live for several passes. The statement about materials that rings are made out of is many years old. Stainless based materials with CrN on the face is very common in Fuel today.

Just some insight.
Thanks
Matt

Matt Hartford
Vice President
Total Seal Piston Rings
22642 N. 15th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85027
623-587-7400
[email protected]

Wow,

I can honestly say that top teams are not replacing rings every pass. We have developed rings that live for several passes. The statement about materials that rings are made out of is many years old. Stainless based materials with CrN on the face is very common in Fuel today.

Just some insight.
Thanks
Matt

Thanks for the feedback. I have been schooled.

Wow,

Just some insight.
Thanks
Matt

Matt Hartford
Vice President
Total Seal Piston Rings
22642 N. 15th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85027
623-587-7400
[email protected]

The article begins by discussing a 4.50 @330 MPH pass, so I think it's safe to say it 's based on information that was valid prior to 1,000' racing. (The date says May 22, 2009) Still, extremely interesting. Thanks for the link.

Last edited:
Yea, I see the date now. That explains why it is "out of date" lol
Fuel Engines are animals for sure.
Matt

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back